Nuru equips local leaders with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty by integrating impact programs that address the most prevalent and fundamental challenges of extreme poverty around four areas of need:
Inability to Cope with Financial Shocks
Preventable Disease and Death
Lack of Access to Quality E…
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- Research Assistant
- Agriculture and Farmer Cooperative Interns
- Method of Application
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification NCE , OND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Adamawa
- Job Field Data Science / Research
Locations: 5 in Michika, 10 in Hong, 5 in Gombi LGAs in Adamawa State
Employment Type: Temporary Employment
Start Date: July/August, 2021
Duration: 10 Months
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Slot Required: Twenty (20)
- Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria.
- The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
- The Research Assistant (enumerator) will be responsible for primary data collection during surveys, assessments and qualitative studies such as FGD, KII etc for Nuru Nigeria in Michika LGA.
- Support Nuru Nigeria M&E unit in the collection of primary data during surveys, assessment and qualitative studies such as FGD, KII etc
- Ensuring that Nuru Nigeria data collection activities are carried out in line with standard
- Perfect all required data quality checks as instructed during data collection
- Proper records and documentation of all survey materials
- Daily update on activity progress
- Transcribing and translating qualitative data
- At least a National Diploma, NCE or its equivalent with at least One year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Speaks, reads and writes fluently in English, Kamwe, Hausa, Huna, Ganda, Kilba& Fulfulde required
- Knowledge of operational area
- Previous experience as an emergency or Research Assistant working with an NGOs
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrates understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Understanding of confidentiality requirements
- Resident and familiarity with the terrain in North East Nigeria
- Excellent computer application skills, particularly Ms Word & Excel programs
- Can operate an android phone
- Strong typing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player with positive attitude
- Flexibility in a fast-paced evolving work environment
- Good communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision while maintaining high level of accuracy
- Demonstrate ability to operate in both office and field settings
- Prior experience of carrying out surveys, conducting interviews, and undertaking assessments.
- Experience implementing electronic data collection methods
go to method of application »
Agriculture and Farmer Cooperative Interns
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 2 years
- Location Adamawa
- Job Field Agriculture / Agro-Allied
Locations: Hong and Gombi LGA, Adamawa
Employment Type: Temporary
Unit: Impact Programs
Career Level: Entry Level
Reports to: Agriculture and Livelihood Technical Officer
- Nuru Nigeria is working to eradicate extreme poverty in fragile rural areas and to build communities resilient to violent extremism in Northeast Nigeria.Nuru Nigeria has started to build this vision in northern Adamawa to bring people out of poverty, position them to recover from the brutal and disruptive impacts of violent extremism, and make accessible the tools to build resilient, economically vibrant communities.
- The Building Sustainable Livelihoods (BSL) program funded by the USAID seeks to unlock the economic potential and improve livelihoods of northern Adamawa communities, building resilience capacities to cope with conflict, environmental, economic, and social shocks and stressors.
- The Agriculture Intern will provide technical support to the BSL field team in the implementation of activities in all thematic areas.
- He/ She will support the Agriculture and Livelihood Technical Officer and other program team in coordinating farmers groups for delivery of program activities and performing other administrative support to the field team.
- The Agriculture Intern will work closely with the community field agents to integrate the BSL project into the community, support in effective mobilization of farmers group for all BSL project activities.
- He/ She will provide technical support in the documentation of program activities, field reports and capturing of success stories.
- Support during field training and delivery of agricultural extension activities, prepare and distribute all farmer training items and document learning points/notes for activity evaluations.
- Support in the management of all agriculture and nutrition related demonstration activities, coordination of women supported programs and all Social and Communication Change activities.
- Actively participate in M&E activities and support in monitoring and tracking program successes, carrying out of assessments and survey as well as collation of data for proper documentation.
- Support the technical officer in establishment of an effective community feedback mechanism and dissemination of program information.
- Responsible for carrying out all administrative activities to improve program efficiency.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned/instructed by Supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree / National Diploma / NCE in the following fields; Agriculture, Economics, Rural Development, Cooperative Studies or any other related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in agriculture-related field, experience working in development projects preferred.
- Knowledge of farmer organization and experience working with smallholder farmers in development is highly required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Good understanding and fluency in Hausa, Fufulde or Kilba is highly preferred.
- Excellent computer application skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Word & Excel programs) and Google apps.
- Sound understanding of the program context area is highly required and willingness to work in remote communities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Resume / CV to: [email protected] Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.