The World Food Programme is the food assistance branch of the United Nations and the world’s largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security.
WFP is part of the United Nations system and is voluntarily funded.
Born in 1961, WFP pursues a vision of the world in which every man, woman and child has access at all times to t…
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- Programme Policy Officer (Operational Administration)
- Human Resources Officer – NOB
- Method of Application
Programme Policy Officer (Operational Administration)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Job ID: 144281
Reporting line: Head of RAM
Contract type: Fixed term
Duration: 12 Months renewable
Entry of Duty: ASAP
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Ram and general supervision of DCD Operations, the incumbent will:
- Contribute towards the development of a limited number of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider Programme policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of small to moderate size that are relatively straight forward in nature, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Follow data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyses policy and operational issues to support senior colleagues in the development of policies, programmes and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through project management support of learning initiatives.
- Provide guidance to support staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries.
Other Specific Job Requirements
- As COMET administrator (country office tool to manage effectively), provide overall guidance and technical support to all COMET users in Nigeria, including travel when necessary.
- Maintain and update the COMET SOPs and train, communicate its content to all Nigeria CO and AO staff. Closely interact with administrators of other WFP information systems (LESS, WINGS, BPT) and contribute to cross-platform solutions.
- Working closely with RAM officers who provide vulnerability figures, review and update needs-based plans and implementation plans, adjusting as necessary for demographics, overlaps and double counting.
- Perform regular quality control checks on all uploaded data within implementation module including reporting and validation rates, beneficiary number reconciliation with legacy data sources, and provide technical support to the Cash-Based-Transfers (CBT) reconciliation team.
- Develop and maintain dashboards for reporting distribution plans and achievements, COMET data entry status, and COMET-LESS reconciliation status.
- Coordinate and support facilitation of COMET trainings, workshops, and one-on-one learning
- Supervise one COMET assistant, support and provide back-up to the M&E/COMET focal points in field offices
- Interphase directly with donor relations and Programme units on M&E inputs to donor-specific proposals and reports as relates to output figures
- Work with regional and headquarters focal points in pilot and full implementation centrally designed information system solutions.
- Support the RAM team in shared objectives and represent the team when delegated.
- Weekly status reports on COMET reconciliation and data entry
- Monthly dashboard for planning and reporting in COMET, to be released at defined dates
- Monthly note for the record from reconciliation committee meetings
- High quality inputs to donor proposals, progress and final reports as required
- High-quality inputs to the ACR and other corporate reports as related to COMET data.
- Updated needs-based plans based on latest vulnerability figures from RAM.
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role:
- Experience with WFP systems and standards
- Data manipulation skills in Excel, Tableau/PowerBI, and SQL
- Analytical capacity, attention to detail, resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment, tact
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish effective working relations with persons of different backgrounds
- Ability to cope with situations which may threaten health or safety
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description
- Has gained experience in implementing technical programs (i.e. nutrition, etc.).
- Has implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian sector, including 1-year work experience in an UN agency.
- Advanced University Degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, Statistics or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Fluency (level C) in the English language.
go to method of application »
Human Resources Officer – NOB
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
Requisition ID: 144021
- These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ), and typically report to a more senior HR Officer, Regional/Country Director or the designate.
- Job holders operate with minimal supervision, and provide guidance to junior staff to ensure that operational and project objectives are achieved. They are heavily involved in day–to-day activities and analytical work.
- Job holders provide advice on low complex issues, applying HR rules, regulations and expertise in making determinations and recommendations across a range of activities.
- To deliver a professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, and deliver HR operational activities or projects, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Provide advice to managers and employees, understanding their needs and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Provide effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving employee relations issues.
- Contribute to staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing/delivering development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Deliver onboarding activities which ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organisation.
- Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and delivering solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver business objectives.
- Support organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by implementing new/updated HR policies, procedures and systems and recommending improvements to ways of working.
- Other as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Advanced University Degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- Typically three (3) or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Broad or specialised knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Ability to supervise and support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and recommend a course of action.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and provide client-oriented service.
- Ability to identify client’s needs and match them to appropriate solutions.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
Other Specific Job Requirements:
- Team Leader of HR Strategic Partners for Country Director/Deputy Country Director (CD/DCD) Offices, Programme, RAM, Communications and Advocacy Marketing (CAM), Capacity Strengthening, Security, Partnerships & Operational Info Management (OIM)
- Provide to those Units HR Service of excellence in terms of Talent Acquisition, Staff entitlements, Payroll, Management of Staff Social benefits, Capability Development, Performance management, Separation.
- Support the Head of HR Unit as HR Strategy & Projects Focal Point for:
- Human Capital Development
- Staff Engagement
- Work force Planning
- Org Alignment
- HR Digitalization
Terms and Conditions
- Only Nigerian Nationals are eligible to apply for this position
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in the English language only.
- Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.