Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1s…
Read more about this company
Geographic Information Systems Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
Contact Person: Geographic Information Systems Coordinator
- Designing, implementing, customizing and maintaining Utility (electricity) specific GIS.
- Providing quality control with regard to discipline specific in-house data capture (data conversion), the evaluation of data acquired from the field and network database construction.
- Developing, maintaining and updating the Business Unit GIS databases for planning, monitoring and decision-making purposes.
- Manipulating GIS data to create information products to meet electricity distribution and marketing needs.
- Developing and applying GIS analysis solutions to meet the overall business needs.
- Serving as the GIS technical lead and point of contact on GIS and related matters at the BU level.
- Capture GIS data in different formats using GPS, electronic data recorders, digitizers, and other means.
- Download, convert and upload GIS data available from internal and external sources to make them user-friendly.
- Catalog and inventory GIS data, including metadata creation.
- Input, update and maintain GIS databases, including backups and also maintaining linkages to other databases.
- Perform GIS spatial analyses.
- Capture and update network data as regards new or previously uncaptured customers, network components and so on.
- Create map layouts and views and generate maps and reports.
- Develop new applications and train others in the use of these applications.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs
- Assist in Carry out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.