AA&R is an emerging investment company with a diversified portfolio of investments and operations across multiple sectors of the Nigerian economy. With a strong capital base, data-driven insights, strategic international partnerships, and the best talents; we are growing businesses primed for sustainability, nation building, development and economic growth.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 8 – 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Manage all accounting operations for the group, including the development of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, development of relevant processes and documented system of accounting policies designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the daily accounting deliverables.
- Manage the group’s asset register as well as monitor and report on the group’s fixed assets and subsidiaries cash flow.
- Develop benchmarks and metrics to measure the financial performance of company and its subsidiaries.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to oversee company’s internal control system.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Provide accurate and timely financial reports and management accounts; clearly articulating the business’s performance and financial position to all stakeholders.
- Monitor the cash flow position throughout the company and its subsidiaries, understand the sources and uses of cash, and provide insight to management on cash flow projections.
- Implement and ensure compliance with acceptable accounting practices and procedures in accordance with IFRS and internal policies and procedures.
- Prepare and publish monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts in compliance with IFRS standards.
- Prepare Inter-company reconciliation and statements.
- Prepare monthly variance reports for all reporting entities and provide explanations to variances.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of the group’s financial reporting system.
- Ensure compliance for statutory deductions and payments.
- Manage all tax related issues and statutory filing for the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Plan and manage the annual external accounts audit to produce draft financial statements within 10 weeks of the year end;
- Maintain financial accounting systems for accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory and credit control operations in line with the Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Prepare and manage annual budgets and financial plans for the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of account balances and bank statements.
- Create monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Supervise and manage finance and accounts department staff, including accountants and financial assistants.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or any other related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 -10 years similar experience in any of the “BIG 4” with at least three (3) years in a managerial position.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA required.
- Experience in group accounting is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in sage is mandatory.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.