Heartland Alliance International in Nigeria works at the intersection of health and human rights, to provide HIV prevention and human rights protection services to most at-risk populations (MARPs), by sensitizing and building grassroots support organizations in the country.
Heartland Alliance International’s work in Nigeria builds on regional expertis…
Read more about this company
Data Entry Clerk (Short Term Hire)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , OND
- Experience 1 – 2 years
- Location Akwa Ibom , Cross River , Lagos
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the MRO and other team members to identify all clients care cards with data entry inconsistencies especially in the EMR (LAMIS).
- Participate actively in addressing all data gaps for individual clients with particular attention to the client care card versus the EMR (LAMIS).
- Work with primary service providers (or the M&E focal persons) to resolve questions, inconsistencies or missing data and verifies accuracy of data before entry into the LAMIS.
- Ensure confidentiality of information on source documents and/or the databases.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining an effective and efficient records management system with good audit trail.
- Assist in management of client personal records including retrieval and filing of folders.
- With the M&E Officer and the M&E Assistant, the data entry clerk will facilitate a desk review including collation, correction and updating of incomplete entries/ records and transfer into the electronic platform.
- Ensure complete entry of backlog of all available treatment data from program records into LAMIS database.
- Assist in the analysis of Treatment LAMIS data set and clean up/corrections of incorrect and incomplete entries.
- Overall ensure complete, accurate and quality of Treatment data in the LAMIS database.
- Perform other M&E-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A degree or diploma in development or a related field.
- At least 1 year experience in M&E/ project management role for a non-governmental development organizations.
- Experience Comprehensive HIV/TB Prevention, Care and Treatment data capturing and reporting.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet up reporting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills – both oral and written.
- Proficient in MS- Office- MS Word, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint.
- Passionate and committed to working with vulnerable and marginalized groups.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Medium- level computer skills in MS Excel, Access and Office.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited-resource environments.
- The employee will be required to work directly with populations that are vulnerable and at high risk of HIV and Human rights violations.
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.