The Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
The Group’s activities encompass:
Cement – Manufacturing / Importing
Sugar – Manufacturing …
Read more about this company
Accounts Officer – Costing
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 6 years
- Location Edo
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Ref No: Okpella-F&A-0007
Location: Okpella, Edo
Job Type: Full time
Category: Finance / Account
- Assist in coordinating DCP’s cost accounting, cost of sales analysis, product costing and variance analysis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate production data including raw materials consumed in production, production quantity, down time, etc.
- Generate variance analysis of planned vs. actual activity rates and standard prices on a monthly basis and investigate variances.
- Plan standard product costs including cost of activities for each month based on approved actual values for the previous month.
- Allocate costs for central or joint expenditure to relevant cost centres in line with DCP’s cost allocation policies.
- Allocate direct operating and overhead costs across products for the purpose of evaluating and controlling product pricing, profitability, and trends.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Team Lead, Management Accounting.
- Perform period closing and related activities for product costing.
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory liability accounts.
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to the Team Lead, Management Accounting.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- 3 – 6 years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
- Career Development.
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.