Klasha makes it easy for African consumers to shop online. We build technology that allows African consumers to easily access the goods they want on the continent. We enable payments online in local African currencies and can handle the last-mile logistics for our retail partners too. Statistically, Africa is the future, so we believe consumers on the contin…
Read more about this company
Business Development Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
About the Job
- Klasha is looking for business development and partnerships manager who is excited to join our fast-growing team and can start immediately.
- This candidate must be ready to move fast and add value to our team, owning the business development role and successfully winning business and partnerships.
- Functions will focus on sales and partnerships and span other business development roles including market analysis, events networking, public speaking, and strategic alliance development, through bid design and management.
- You must be an energetic, organized, and passionate person excited for the opportunity to be on the ground floor of Africa’s next FinTech standout product and team.
- Spearhead our new business activities aimed at both the International Development and corporate markets.
- Contribute to the strategic product and service offering of the company.
- Build a portfolio of clients/programmes for delivery across Africa and other markets.
- Identify new business opportunities and develop winning consortia and bids.
- Work with the US and international development organizations, major corporates, technology partners, and funders.
- Sourcing new partners and executing exciting partnership solutions/
- Negotiating attractive partnership deals and ensuring mutually beneficial partnership terms that are in line with business objectives and strategy.
- Maintaining and deepening relationships with existing partners.
- Developing metrics to measure ROI from partnerships.
- Quickly leveling up on the retail and eCommerce market, FinTech industry, and overall greater business opportunity, in tandem with learning Our value proposition and technology to then communicate them effectively to prospective clients.
- CRM ownership and documentation of disparate and corresponding client information, sales activity, and deal progression.
- Identify appropriate contacts, engage in initial outreach, cold email sequences, and maintain detailed and strategic follow-ups.
- Schedule lead meetings pitching the Klasha technology and business opportunity.
- 2+ years of relevant experience selling in the fast pace fintech, eCommerce, or SaaS space across the African continent, special consideration for international B2B and merchant experience.
- Is not afraid of competition when selling a stellar product in the global eCommerce + retail market.
- Strong effective communication over email, text, and calls, leading with an empathetic, consultative approach that is strategic. One that earns the client’s trust, interest, and investment in Klasha to acquire customers across Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Has a book of contacts with retailers, eCommerce sites, and brands spanning Africa, MENA, the US, and the UK. Or, confidence and extensive experience working with international SMB and Mid-market international clients, in the US, UK, EMEA, and APAC.
- Ready for the opportunity to take that on -can hit the ground running, get their hands dirty, and can think quickly within ambiguity to build with our founding team.
- Comfortable and excited to work with a global, young team working across time zones and geographies.
The fun stuff:
- Competitive salary and attractive commission structure
- Cool company perks
- You’ll be working with a young, growing team that is millennial and Gen-Z-driven.
- Fast and expanding career progression
- Flexible working conditions.
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.