CardinalStone is a full service investment banking firm operating out of Lagos Nigeria. The firm began operations in June 2008 and is currently registered by the Nigerian Securities & Exchange Commission to operate as an Issuing House, Fund Manager and Broker/Dealer. CardinalStone Securities Limited is the licensed Stockbroking subsidiary of CardinalSton…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Data Science / Research
Responsible for analysing macroeconomic trends and socio-political developments as well as providing regular notes whenever macroeconomic data are released
Responsible for developing regression models to forecast key macroeconomic variables (GDP growth, inflation, interest rate, exchange rate etc.). These forecasts will serve as input data for sector specialists.
Contact and discuss with policy makers – fiscal and/or monetary e.g. key personnel in finance ministry, debt management office, petroleum ministry, ministry of trade, inland revenue service Central Bank, etc.
The macro analyst is also in charge of fixed income research and provides updates on USA, UK, and European markets
Key performance metrics include:
- Monthly Inflation notes & model development.
- Pre & post MPC reports (Bimonthly), post MPC will be dependent on whether there is material deviation from expectations.
- Quarterly GDP report & model development
- Quarterly Balance of Payment Reports
- Budget analysis report (annual) – Scenarios
- Outlook report (Macro & FI sections)
- Monthly Fixed Income/Currency updates
- 10 Thematic Reports yearly
- Timely delivery of other tasks as assigned by the Head of Research.
- Minimum 3 years expereince in similar role
- Minimum B.Sc. in any business related course from a reputable university
- Maintain good communication, reporting and interaction with team
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills
- Relavant professional certification will be an advantage
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.