Phase3 Telecom is Africa’s leading aerial fibre optic network infrastructure provider, delivering world class connectivity and network solutions to the continent’s largest telecoms networks and IP providers, as well as a growing number of businesses and homes.
Incorporated in 2003, Phase 3 was licenced as a national long distance operator to p…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Reviewing daily cash position for Phase3 Telecom Limited and ensure that all payments and receipts are properly categorized.
- Investigate and update payment forecast information from payroll, account payables and partner matter’s team.
- Confirm any treasury related invoices due in the next month have been organized to be paid (per payment sheet).
- If forecast show we will be negative cash on certain days, organize new facility drawdowns in conjunction with Corporate Finance.
- Update the Phase3 Telecom Limited reconciliation spreadsheet for each new facility drawdowns.
- Monitor bank accounts for Phase3 Telecom Limited to ensure the setoffs are under its limit and any account outside of the setoffs are in positive. If they are not, or are forecasted to be out, organize internal transfers
- Organise and settle FX deals for monthly and quarterly payments.
- Update FX spreadsheet with new FX deals and changes.
- At start of month, using aged trial balance report from account receivables, propose monthly cash collection targets.
- Using same report above, provide feedback on the collection rate of previous month.
Knowledge and Experience
- B.Sc in Accounting, Finance, Economics plus 2-3 years of experience in corporate treasury, consulting or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of bank payment systems, bank reconciliation, treasury management solutions are essential.
- ACA or ACCA (Candidate in the final stage of their professional exams can be considered)
- Advanced PC skills and advanced knowledge of MS Excel to including complex formulas, V lookup and Pivot tables.
- Ability to create Excel macros is a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Access, SQL Queries and Business Objects also a plus.
Competencies / Skills:
- Sound analytical skill
- Team player
- Goal getter
- Good communication skill
- Sound financial, accounting and audit knowledge.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.