Established since 1994, Candor Consulting provides holistic HR and business management services to a wide range of public and private clients.
Backed by strategic global partnerships and a highly experienced faculty, we are nimble, responsive, open-minded and well positioned to deliver turnkey solutions to your unique business needs, while adding value to…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- The sales manager plays a key role in the success and failure of an organization.
- He is the one who plays a pivotal role in achieving the sales targets and eventually generates revenue for the organization.
- The sales manager must be very clear about his/her role in the organization.
- He should know what he is supposed to do at the workplace.
- The sales manager is responsible for meeting the sales targets of the organization through effective planning and budgeting.
- The sales manager can’t work alone.
- He needs the support of his sales team where each one contributes in his best possible way and works towards the goals and objectives of the organization.
- He is the one who sets the targets for the sales executives and other sales representatives.
- A sales manager must ensure the targets are realistic and achievable.
- The duties must not be imposed on anyone, instead should be delegated as per interests and specializations of the individuals.
- A sales manager must understand who can perform a particular task in the most effective way.
- It is his role to extract the best out of each employee.
- The sales manager devises strategies and techniques necessary for achieving the sales targets.
- He is the one who decides the future course of action for his team members.
- It is the sales manager’s duty to map potential customers and generate leads for the organization.
- He should look forward to generating new opportunities for the organization.
- The sales manager is also responsible for brand promotion.
- He must make the product popular amongst the consumers.
- Motivating team members is one of the most important duties of the sales manager.
- He needs to make his team work as a single unit working towards a common objective.
- He must ensure team members don’t fight amongst themselves and share cordial relationship with each other.
- Develop lucrative incentive schemes and introduce monetary benefits to encourage them to deliver their level best.
- Appreciate whenever they do good work.
- It is the sales manager’s duty to ensure his team is delivering desired results.
- Supervision is essential.
- Track their performances.
- Make sure each one is living up to the expectations of the organization.
- Ask them to submit a report of what all they have done through out the week or month.
- The performers must be encouraged while the non performers must be dealt with utmost patience and care.
- The Sales manager is the one who takes major decisions for his team.
- He should act as a pillar of support for them and stand by their side at the hours of crisis.
- The sales manager should set an example for his team members.
- He should be a source of inspiration for his team members.
- The sales manager is responsible for not only selling but also maintaining and improving relationships with the client.
- Client relationship management is also his KRA.
- As a sales manager, one should maintain necessary data and records for future reference.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Good First Degree with a Post Graduate Degree.
- Minimum of 7 Years experience in technical sales.
- A proven track record of technical sales.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing and the Cloud Computing market would be a bonus.
- Knowledge of the Technology Sales market, as well as the ability to understand and communicate effectively with regard to technical issues.
- A high level of commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience in leading a team essential.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office packages and knowledge of CRM systems would be a bonus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.