We’re a next-generation energy company
Our flagship product, ReadyPay Power, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system providing lighting, phone charging, TV, and radio, financed through affordable installments over mobile money. We combine rich customer payment histories with additional data sources to create a cutting-edge credit score that…
Read more about this company
Nigeria Sales Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 4 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reporting to: Head of Sales & Marketing
- The Sales Team Lead will be stationed in Ikorodu and be responsible for leading and managing a team of sales agents, installation technicians, dual contractors and their customers – responsible for the full customer cycle I.e., sale, fulfil, maintain and recover.
- The successful candidate must be a detail-oriented professional with strong critical thinking skills and a demonstrated track record of effective sales work.
Key Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- Sales Target Achievement within assigned Clusters
- Achieve Excellent PH of customer portfolio
- Recruitment, Training and effective Team management of Sales Team
Deliverables and Activities
Sales Target Achievement within assigned Clusters:
- Market Initiatives- Drive market initiatives to achieve and increase quality customer base in the assigned clusters
- Market Activations- Carry out weekly market activations in the territory to generate leads and eventual conversion to sales.
- Product Targeting- Drive all product mix sales through the right product targeting to the right segment of the prospects/customers.
- Product Presentation- Carry out product presentations and exhibitions within assigned clusters
- Identify Opportunities- Constantly identify opportunities for driving activation and other sales within clusters.
- Plans-Draw up weekly/Monthly route plans for the Sales Agents
- Track Sales- Track daily/weekly/monthly sales target Vs actual with the Sales Agents
- POS Location- Collaborate with Customer Experience, Operations on viable locations for POS Expansion and management
Achieve Excellent PH:
- Sales Compliance- Drive sales process compliance within clusters
- Customer Visits- Carry out daily/weekly customer visitations to resolve or escalate pending issues with customer systems
- Influence Customer Behavior- Drive the right customer behavior on payments by ensuring customers are educated on the various channels of payments.
- Product Choice- Ensure the right product is sold to the right customers
- Field Clinic- Participate in Field clinic activities
- Overdue Customer Lists- Monitor and Share weekly overdue customer lists with the Sales Agents
- Training- Continuous training and coaching of RPCs on God/Bad portfolios, catch up etc.
Recruitment, Training and Team management:
- Recruitment- Regularly recruit new Sales Agents within territory
- Performance Monitoring- Weekly performance monitoring of RPCs and initiating corrective actions where required
- Meetings- Hold regular meeting with the RPCs
- Training- Regularly train and retrain cluster team leads on sales process, Sales pitch, products, Customer Service etc.
- Commission Structure- Ensure Sales Agents understanding of commission structures (Colours) and journey with EEA
- Reward- Design reward and recognition schemes for high performing RPCs
- Customer Forums- Participate in customer service forums, field clinics, weekly meetings with Service Center Associates
- Team Building- Drive #One Team goal within clusters via team building activities
After Sales Support:
- Overdue Customer Visits- Regularly visit overdue customers to ascertain their challenges and resolve
- Escalate issues- Escalate lingering issues to the Head of Sales
- Quality Check- Daily/weekly checks on quality of installations by Sales Agents
- Swap stocks- Deploy and track swap stocks and children in the territory
- Repossession- Repossess product kits from fringe customers
- Identify and organise official meetings with relevant external stakeholders such as local chiefs, community leaders, government officials etc
- May represent the business during community engagements and goodwill activities
- Send weekly/monthly reports on sales activities within territory using approved template
Required Skills and Experience
- BSc. Degree or Equivalent
- 2-4+ years working in a role within a progressive sales and/or financial services environment with strong, quantifiable results
- Experience or passion for working in developing markets
Highly Desired Skills:
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Passionate about solving problems for customers in rural communities
- Proficiency in English Language and 1 or more other Nigerian Languages
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem solving skills (solutions oriented)
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Willingness and desire to learn new ideas
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.