MÃ©decins Sans FrontiÃ¨res (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
- Execute administrative, HR and legal related tasks to support the Personnel Administration Manager following MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve set objectives.
- Under supervision of the PAM managing personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on-time payments.
- Updating the HR database and personal files to facilitate HR processes management.
- Updating Social security Tax office files in order to meet legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labor and fiscal law compliance
- Preparing employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labor and fiscal law compliance.
- Preparing monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Following up of all expiring National Staff definite contract dates and inform the Personnel Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Project HR Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Additional HR/ Admin tasks delegated by the PAM.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Supervision and management of domestic staff (cooks, cleaners & Nanny) at Coordination (offices and houses).
- Manages leave of absences ensures replacements.
- Prepares evaluations and follows up on performance.
- Management of household items and office supplies (including drinking water, coffee, tea) in liaison with Logistics department, arranging of expat food & meals (quantifies and quality), ensures cleaning material and household items are maintained at required levels.
- Ensures and monitors office and houses are clean (monitoring of laundry at expat houses is included)
- Reports maintenance needs to relevant department/people.
- Responsible for personnel file archives
- Responsible for recruitment file archives
- Support the recruitment process with posting and dissemination of vacancy announcements
Personnel Information and Contracts
- Maintenance of MSF Homere staff database;
- Maintenance of employee files (hard copies and electronic).
- Execute contract related activities (file opening and formal documentation archiving, personal data updating, amendments, termination dates, filing etc.) ensuring legal compliancy and MSF norms and standards.
- Printing of Staff Identification cards;
- Updates the NHF Passbooks for Staff in Coordination.
- Support projects with respect to HOMERE and other administrative queries.
- Enter all new hires in Homere
- Prepare employment contracts
- Monitor end of contract dates, change of contracts, special payments, allowances
- Generate payslips
- Desirable finance, business or administration related diploma
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs in developing countries
- Very good command of English language essential; Local language desirable
- Essential Computer Literacy (MS Word, Excel, Internet)
- Result and Quality Orientation – L2
- Teamwork and cooperation – L2
- Behavioural Flexibility – L2
- Results and Quality Orientation – L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles – L2
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Ensure documentation is complete for subscription for medical insurance coverage;
- Follow up with Coordination and projects that documentation has been received for additions to medical insurance.
- Circulate a beneficiary list of the insurance company to Coordination and projects to ensure lists are accurate and updated.
- Leaves (sick or annual)
- For coordination, verify supporting documentation is compliant and follow up where needed.
- Support onboarding of new staff during briefings (i.e.: social benefits)
- Flexibility in undertaking assigned tasks, due to the changing nature of MSF operations.
Method of Application
Notice / Important Information
- Only successful applicants will be called for an interview.
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse to hire a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate on the basis of Gender, Religion, Race.
Interested and qualified? Go to Medecins Sans Frontieres on docs.google.com to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.