The name Mines Advisory Group was established in the early days of the organisation, when it was decided that MAG’s initial role would be to draw the attention of the international community towards issues relating to mines and UXO.
Between 1990 and 1991, the McGrath brothers carried out two assessment missions to Afghanistan and Cambodia, hoping th…
Read more about this company
Community Liaison Supervisor
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA , OND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Borno
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Project Planning, Coordination, Management:
- Assist in the development of workplans for CL teams to ensure that MAG meets donor outputs and operational requirements.
- Assist in pre-deployment field assessment to evaluate needs, security, and overall operational contexts.
- Coordinate with CLM, Security Officer, and Logistics Coordinator to support field deployment.
- Ensure that Community Liaison Teams implement activities according to the approved work plans, international standards and in line with MAGs mission and vision.
- Supervise CL teams implement activities according to the approved workplans, budget, and CL SOPs.
- Conduct field monitoring visits for quality assurance/control of CL activities.
- Maintain regular formal and informal reporting to the Community Liaison Manager.
- Draft reports to highlight project progress and challenges as directed by the CLM.
- Address problems the CL teams encounter in the field.
- Analyse, verify, and manage data collected through the community liaison survey tools.
- Perform CLTL/CLO’s roles when they are on leave, sick, or absent for any reasons.
- Deliver risk education to government employees, partner organizations and/or UN/NGO actors.
Quality Control/Quality Assurance
- Implement quality control and quality assurance methodology, policies, and procedures relating to community liaison activities to ensure the standard of quality of community liaison activities.
- Ensure an acceptable standard in all community liaison activities through timely quality monitoring. Information Management
- Ensure that CL teams provide required data.
- Provide data to the Information Management Officer in the appropriate formats.
- Undertake data entry, analysis, and reporting as required. Training
- Assist the CLM in developing RE training materials.
- Assist the CLM in identifying CL teams training needs and contribute to the development and implementation of CL training plans.
- Deliver training to new MAG/partner staff in coordination with the CLM.
- Conduct/assist in training and refresher training for CL teams. General Responsibilities As MAG staff, the CLS is required to:
- Uphold and implement MAG standard policies including, but not limited to the Policy on Personal Conduct, Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults, Dignity at Work, Financial Crime Policy, Gifts and Hospitality Policy and Equal Opportunities Policy;
- Understand and uphold the standards outlined in MAG’s Safeguarding Framework, acting with due care and attention to safeguard the wellbeing of anyone that comes into contact with MAG’s work and reporting concerns if they do arise;
- Work within the framework of MAG’s core values, promoting its ethos and mission statement;
- Work towards achieving programme and/or department business plan objectives;
- Ensure familiarity with and adhere to all MAG policies and procedures and keep informed of MAG activities;
- Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programmes;
- Undertake the role in a manner appropriate to the cultural context and within the local legal framework; and
- On occasion, work outside regular working hours
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.