Tertiary level education forms the bedrock of high level manpower development in any nation. This highlights the need for a qualitative education at this level. There is a dearth of instructions and infrastructure to cater for the needs of our ever increasing number of secondary school leavers. This has made it imperative for the private sector to take init…
Read more about this company
TV Studio Technologist
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
Nile University is seeking to engage highly competent and result-oriented individuals with strong personal and professional integrity to join a dynamic team within the Mass Communication Department.
To this end, suitable candidates are being identified to fill the position of:
Job Code (NUN-MCM-001)
The Mass Communication Department seeks to hire a competent TV Studio Technologist that will coordinate and carry out pre- and post-production duties for the Nile TV/Radio and other television programmes. Specifically, the TV Studio Technologist will be charged with the following responsibilities:
- Identify the camera, audio, and lighting equipment needed for the production.
- Train students on editing, producing, and preparing files and recordings for on-air programming.
- Oversee setup of production equipment for the studio, control room, or filming location
- Train students in show formulation, content, and formatting.
- Operate studio equipment to help facilitate flow of programs
- Operate cameras, video recorders, lights, microphones, and computer editing software
- Operate the audio -video mixer consoles specifically Panasonic digital AV Mixer, Air mate audio and video mixing consoles, non-linear editing systems, recording equipment like the DJ-Osmo handheld gimbal, Nikon cameras and Sony, Black Magic video cameras etc.
- Provide technical support with the automated system.
- Perform routine maintenance on audio and video equipment.
- Respond to inquiries and issues and assist with actions to correct problems.
- During post-production, edit footage, dubs soundtrack, and prepare final version of the program.
- Create promotional clips using approved footage
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, experience, and attributes
- A bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication or any related discipline.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in radio and television broadcasting or a production studio capacity
- Membership of a certified professional body
- Adept user of Microsoft office programmes,
- Proficiency in the use of audio and video editing software like adobe audition, adobe premiere pro, after effect and final cut for post-production in iMac and Windows computers
- Ability to effectively operate the audio -video mixer consoles
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Time Management skills
- Notable attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
Method of Application
To apply, please quote appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail and send your current curriculum vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to us at [email protected]
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.