GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through a revitalized partnership.
It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people better, those affected by disaster or crisis.
GPON is presently operating in the Northeastern regional par…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 2 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Job Title: MEAL Assistant
- BSc/Higher National Diploma with 1-2 years of working experience in statistics, computer science, IT; or in any related field.
- Knowledge of excel, power Bi software, and kobo collect is highly desired
Job overview: The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation manager, and the project officers. S/he will be responsible for ensuring proper monitoring of GPON field projects and proper collection and collation of quality data of the GPON ongoing project implementation and the development and conduct data cleaning for easy and quality analysis.
A. Data collection tools and database design
- Develop tools for collecting regular projects’ activities and performances;
- Take part in the design of Microsoft Excel databases to store project/program accomplishment data;
Work with the M&E manager in designing data collection templates for surveys that need to be conducted internally;
Take part in designing electronic data entry templates for mobile/tablet data collection;
Work with partner staff in designing both data collection tools and electronic templates;
Design a strategy to collect filed level information required by GOALPrime, donors, and/or stakeholders
Work with the M&E and program team in standardizing the project M&E tools
B. collection and analysis
- Make sure the responsible persons for each and every data elements to compute project performances are assigned;
- Closely work with front line staff and volunteers to ensure that projects data collected in a timely fashion;
- Communicate and orient responsible partners or program staff on the use of the tools they are responsible for;
- Apply data cleaning techniques to ensure the quality of data collected from the field;
- Tabulate and cross-tabulate the field data for further analysis by the M&E manager;
- Identify the data quality issues and bring them to the attention of the M&E manager with proposed actions;
- Take part in the Data Quality Audits, share with program staff, and document findings;
- With the support of project teams, ensure high-quality monitoring data in a timely manner: collate/organize data for reporting.
- Partake in routine monitoring missions as scheduled.
- With the support of M&E officer, train enumerators on the administration of various Environmental Health questionnaires and data collection tools related to project monitoring, baseline, and evaluations.
- With the support of M&E officer, train casual staff, data entry operators on data entering.
Key Contacts/working relationships.
- Reports to the MEAL Manager
- Works with Facilitators for data collection.
- Regular and open communication with GOALPrime staff from all departments and field offices.
- Support donor Engagement and Fundraising. Ensure that funds for continuity and scale-up of Programmes/operations are secured at most 6 months into this contract.
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Hausa is an advantage.
- The position is located in Maiduguri with frequent travel to other field locations.
Salary- NGN 148,000 Monthly Net salary
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.