Farmyad Enterprises is an agricultural technology platform created for a cause to strengthen food security and create agro investment opportunities in AFRICA
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 10 years
- Location Ogun
- Job Field Agriculture / Agro-Allied
We am looking for an experienced livestock FARM MANAGER to manage a startup farm located around Mowe Ogun State area. The manager will spend many hours weekly conducting research on methods to improve egg production and reduce bird mortality. In addition, the manager will perform a long list of duties that range from checking feed readings to testing birds in houses for the presence of disease. The ideal candidate will be someone with a keen understanding of the anatomy, physiology, and performance of commercial layers.
Manager will live on Farm Premises.
- Responsible to implement, and enforce policies that cover feed efficiency, egg production, and mortality goals.
- Responsible for developing an annual production system for the farm (as applicable.)
- Responsible for training all new house employees.
- Responsible for performing, communicating, and evaluating post mortem inspections of birds. This will be required on a Weekly basis.
- Responsible for making feed recommendations based on egg quality and monthly bird performance.
- Responsible for training, implementing, and enforcing all animal welfare policies as defined by Farm Management.
- Oversee that production and feed goals are followed and for accurately reporting progress weekly
- Responsible for managing livestock waste
Sales and Marketing
- Responsible for marketing, sales and distribution of all livestock produce
- Communicate with customers including though emails, Facebook, Instagram posts, etc. regarding current production offering
- Provide current content for website and advertisements.
- Participate in appreciation gatherings for volunteers
Operations and Finance
- Track farm operations and data
- Assist with purchase orders for all farming supplies, tools and equipment
- Manage products/inventory tracking in accounting and on-line sales systems
- Ensure property is maintained for safety, participate in property/liability reviews and remediation efforts
- Be responsible for compliance with all city, county and state agricultural, food and safety policies, including permits etc.
- Create annual budget for farm related activities and track performance against budget by updating sales (essentially automated), expenses and capital expenditures on an ongoing basis on a timely basis. Participate in quarterly financial review meetings.
Other Support and Note
Be responsible for feeding, providing water and collecting eggs of farm animals (12 chickens, 5 ruminants) during normal working hours and when Owners are on vacation.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be patient, diligent and honest
- Must be organized, with strong planning skills to ensure operations are efficient
- Strong communication skills required to interact with customers and volunteers
- A serious interest in farming as a lifestyle and livelihood
- BSC/MSC degree in Agriculture with 5 years Experience.
- OND with 10 years experience in Livestock Farming
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.