Proten is an international Human Capital Development firm that offers a wide range of Training, Coaching and Consulting services to individuals, small businesses and corporate and governmental organisations. Our client base spreads across Europe and Africa with head offices in London, United Kingdom and Lagos, Nigeria. Human Capital is undoubtedly one of the…
Read more about this company
Credit & Risk Control Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Industry: FIN-TECH (LENDING COMPANY)
- Lead the development of appropriate internal controls, including a 1st line of defense monitoring & testing program to assure alignment with credit policy and legal and regulatory compliance
- Educate and coaching the business on the 3 line of defense model and how to demonstrate effective ownership of risk & compliance as the 1st line of defense
- Assist with the further enhancement of the appropriate risk & compliance culture on all levels of the organization
- Participate in first line of defense councils, committees, methodology/standards discussions, change management, or other meetings that could involve key risk decisions.
- Maintain documentation of credit policy, regulatory requirements, and testing.
- Identify and prioritize new and existing risks associated with key underwriting process.
- Minimum BSc in a related field of study
- Minimum experience of 3-5 years in an internal control and/or compliance role on a credit risk or analytics team OR 3+ years in lending with a heavy understanding of internal controls and risk & compliance
- Previous experience in the banking industry is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience writing policies and procedures
- Previous RTO/LTO, loan, or credit risk experience a plus
- The ability to effectively coach and educate all levels of the 1st line on how to demonstrate effective ownership of risk & compliance
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.