MacTay Consulting has been in existence for over 28 years in Nigeria. We are a member of TACK and TMI, international consulting companies operating in over 60 countries and with a combined experience of over 80years.
Our global network of partners and experience means that our clients enjoy all the benefits of a local office, while drawing upon our multi…
Read more about this company
Well Equipment Inspector
- Job Type Full Time
- Experience 5 – 15 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- Guarantees the HSE by ensuring the safety critical items, such as lifting equipment or pressure containment equipment.
- Guarantee the storage, inspection, testing and preparation of completion / subsea / drilling tools in line with company procedures. Ensures the equipment is made ready on time for rig operations. Any anomalies are highlighted at the earliest opportunity and remedial actions are put in place and verified. (Costs ranging from $100 Thousand – $20 Million per operation).
- Directly responsible for between 4 to 15 service contractor personnel depending on ongoing workshop operations.
- Onshsore: Completion Manager, DCD onshore team
- Offshore: Completion supervisors
- External: Service providers
- Ensure that all Company owned equipment for deepwater operations is received and put intstorage in line with approved QA / QC procedures.
- Acts as the focal point for onshore preparation of equipment. (Covering completion, drilling, interventions, subsea etc.).
- For equipment preparation, ensures that the equipment is tested, managed, and stored in line with approved processes, procedures and relevant Company rules.
- Ensures that equipment returned from the rig is inspected and returned tstock in line with approved standard, QA/QC procedures and industry best practices.
- Participates and witnesses any failure investigations ensuring the investigation process is accurately followed by service companies.
- Participates in third party pre-Service meetings and toolbox talks for workshop operations.
- Witnesses System Integration tests as required for operations.
- Monitors and follow up all local fabrications, ensuring that the fabrication and subsequent testing are in line with industry standards and relevant Company rules.
- Provides financial oversight and accountability for equipment, personnel, and processes during the Service preparation phase
- Accountable for up t£5M operational spend for deep-water completion operation.
- Regularly acts as interface focal point between DCD teams and other third party on shore personal.
- Inspects and ensures accurate reporting of QAQC and HSE critical documentation.
- Ensures operational and logistic planning is met by prioritizing equipment preparations.
- Assist in the annual (or semi-annual) audit of all Drilling and Completion sub-contractors.
- Drives a LEAN and continuous improvement culture and communicates appropriately with the workshop teams.
- Captures and communicates lessons learned with onshore, service company and other stakeholders
- Follow up and close out any highlighted improvement actions.
- Ensure debriefs and lessons learned are passed on tservice company workshop personal (continual improvement philosophy)
- Participating in HAZIDS / HAZOPS and onshore risk assessments.
- Participating in contractor site / process technical and safety audits.
Context and Environment:
- OML 130 – TEPNG Deepwater
Equipment preparation for:
- Interventions for completion operations
- Demonstrates personal commitment to TEPNG’s HSE Policy.
- Maintain awareness of and ensures compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards.
- Actively participates in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes and ensure the role out to contractors under his responsibility.
- Ensure continuous reporting of safety and environmental concerns/incidents.2
- 5 – 15 Years completion related experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.