TGI Nigeria Ltd has the mandate to focus on highly competitive & growth intensive sectors: Culinary, Condiments & Other Packaged Foods.
The company has been assigned to design a fundamentally robust FMCG business model – based on the principles of Insight Driven Strategic Marketing and grounded on an efficient Sales, Distribution and Logistic inf…
Read more about this company
Product Development Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Ogun
- Job Field Manufacturing
Location: Ileke, Ogun
- Determines customer’s needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/ or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Provide sources data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales and strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analysis; answering questions and requests
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Brings new products to the market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programmes; preparing return-on-investment analysis; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time integrated plan with sales, advertising, and production. Contributes to determining product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
Essential Job Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science and Technology or other relevant discipline.
- 3- 5 years of work experience in Product development from a Food manufacturing industry
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and writing/reporting skills
- Strong ability to manage and coordinate product development
- Strong strategic orientation, leadership, interpersonal, analytic and problem solving skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Product Development Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.