Greenlight Planet is a for profit social business that develops and manufactures honest, reliable solar products designed to help people living off the electric grid.
Greenlight Planet was founded by T. Patrick Walsh, a University of Illinois student who spent part of 2005 working with the charity Engineers Without Borders in rural India. He saw that the …
Read more about this company
Business Development Associate (West Africa)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 4 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Reporting to: Business Development Manager, West West.
- The Business Development Associate will be responsible for identifying, building, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships across West Africa.
- The BD associate will generate new sales leads and contacts to help grow our business across West Africa.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Lead Generation: Data mine and qualify suitable partners, provide summaries of their businesses, and any required business information. With a focus on B2B sales.
- Pipeline Management: Maintain an active database of qualified leads and provide administrative support to the Business Development team.
- Prospect Meeting: Regularly have physical & virtual meetings with prospects for training, product demo, and onboarding across the West Africa region.
- Partner Onboarding: Effectively work with cross-functional teams to handle customer requests for effective coordination and onboarding of partners.
- Networking: Regularly network with industry colleagues and associations to help establish the brand in the region.
- Industry Updates: Stay abreast of industry trends, opportunities, and ongoing tenders in the West African region
- Proposals: Create effective client proposals and manage tender applications as required
The ideal candidate:
- Working experience in Business Development role of at least 3 – 4 years (post-NYSC)
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Must be Fluent (expert level) in French, both written and verbal communication – this is a compulsory requirement.
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Possess Data Mining skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to solve problems and possess decision-making abilities.
- Planning and Organization skills.
- Open to Travelling (in and out of Nigeria).
- Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment, and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Method of Application
- Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist!
- So, regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.
Interested and qualified? Go to Greenlight Planet on www.greenlightplanet.com to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.