Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviors-from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV-by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change (SBC).
Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in par…
Read more about this company
State Consultant for TB Demand Creation
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Bauchi , Plateau
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Breakthrough Action Nigeria (BA-N) is a USAID-funded Social behavior change project with the goal of increasing the practice of priority individual health behavior in target states in MNCH+N, FP, Malaria, and Tuberculosis. Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques, and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria supports the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy control program (NTBLCP) in Tuberculosis (TB) related Social and behavior change (SBC) activities with the aim at increasing TB case detection. The project is implementing TB SBC activities in selected LGAs in Plateau and Bauchi States to improve TB case finding and ensure sustained TB programming in spite of current global and national challenges.
Scope of Work
The State Consultant will provide required technical and strategic level coordination for TB implementation in the state including programmatic oversight for all BA-N TB demand creation activities in the state.
Specifically, the state consultant will:
- Provide visible project leadership for BA-N TB demand creation activities in the state including partnership management, stakeholder engagement, and overall coordination of all BA-N TB demand creation activities.
- Provide day-to-day oversight and supervision to the implementation of the TB demand creation activities in the state including supervision of LGA TB Supervisor.
- In collaboration with the State TB and Leprosy Control program, and partners, identify and conduct advocacy to all relevant stakeholders at the state, LGA, facility, and community level.
- Work together with the LGA TB Supervisors in the coordination and monitoring of activity across all intervention areas.
- Coordinate and manage logistics for internal and external meetings, workshops, and other program activities as needed with support from the Country Office TB team
- Coordinate distribution of project materials to the relevant intervention sites within the state and ensure effective monitoring and documentation of utilization.
- Monitor implementation of TB activities amongst PPMVs, religious leaders, NURTW, and community leaders in the implementation LGAs of the state.
- Identify and resolve issues as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and determining the appropriate application;
- Document the implementation process, success stories and provide key highlights including lessons learned on a monthly basis and submit the same to the Senior program Officer II -TB.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of MBBS degree with 3 to 5 years previous experience or a Bachelor’s degree in social/health sciences, or related discipline with 5-7 years previous experience carrying out the related task with a donor-funded project is desirable;
- Previous work experience implementing USAID-funded or donor-funded health programs is strongly preferred;
- Ability to work collaboratively and proactively.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving skills and attention to details is essential;
- Knowledge of key health sector players in the public and aid sectors in Nigeria required; previous work in TB will be added advantage
- Excellent communication skills (written & spoken) in English and Hausa languages is required;
- Geographical knowledge of the state is a must. Candidates who currently reside in the State will be given top priority
Period of engagement
8 months (May 2021 to Dec 2021)– Possible extension of contract subject to donor funding.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending a copy of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before CoB Wednesday, 5th May 2021. The subject of the application email must be the consultancy title and preferred location.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.