DAI works on the frontlines of international development. Transforming ideas into action-action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local …
Read more about this company
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Programme/Organization: TAConnect/ DAI Nigeria
Reports to: Technical Director, TAConnect
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will provide oversight and lead the delivery in performance monitoring and evaluation for TAConnect. S/he will be responsible for monitoring progress with the achievement of the program objectives using quantitative and qualitative research tools. S/he will collaborate with the Knowledge
Management and Communications Specialist and TAConnect’s Implementation Research Partner to synthesize
data generated through TAConnect and its deployments, develop knowledge products, and disseminate these
through various channels. S/he will be responsible for making recommendations on how to adjust and adapt the project’s activities based on past performance as measured and evaluated over time.
- In collaboration with the project management unit and TAConnect staff, implement the overall framework for the project’s M&E systems, generating performance data for results-based reporting, baseline, and impact surveys.
- Implement the project’s PMP to systematically document project performance for project technical leads and leadership team. S/he will be responsible for managing M&E systems and data management systems for Technical
- Advice Connect Ltd/Gte (TAConnect), ensuring accurate and timely documentation and reporting of project results and outcomes according to the M&E plan. S/he will draft project reports in compliance with TAConnect and donor requirements and conduct staff and partner training to enable them to comply with the M&E system setup for the project.
- Facilitate state-of-the-art knowledge management practices and real-time, applied, and collaborative learning processes. Generate robust evidence for the project and programmatic learning that leads to action, decision-making, and influence.
- Ensure the alignment of M&E activities with program goals and contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure the inclusion of M&E activities.
- Monitor project activities and tracking achievements against the results framework.
- Conduct field visits for data validation to monitor the quality and completeness of project performance data.
- Coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program implementation and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data.
- Capture and document lessons learned; champion the scaling up best practices.
- Generate monthly indicator reports and tracking progress against key indicators.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of project activities to donors, including progress against targets set in the award agreement and annual work plan, quarterly, and annual reports. Collaborate with the TAConnect team and subsequently, TAConnect’s Program Manager to compile and submit reports to the donor.
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting.
- Conduct data-inputting for M&E and is the chief person responsible for maintaining all databases relating to project performance under TAConnect.
- Provide routine input into the project activity tracker system to ensure that all project M&E activities run smoothly and are well-coordinated across all sub-awardees.
- Participate, as appropriate and as directed in the design and implementation of performance monitoring and verification systems.
- Support compliance with any requests related to Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) and develop Performance
- Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRs).
- Lead the collection and analysis of both quantitative and qualitative information
- Organize and conduct M&E planning meetings periodically
- Support training processes and regularly enhance the knowledge and skillsets of project staff and Technical
- partners on a range of performance management subjects, M&E, and data quality.
- Develop and implement practical monitoring tools and approaches to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, statistics, demography, or other related social sciences.
- At least 5 years’ experience in public health programs; specific expertise in M&E for health systems strengthening, and RMNCH programmes is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluating health programmes, using quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Understanding of internationally-recognized best practices and trends in monitoring and evaluation development programmes, including donor-funded programmes.
- Experience in facilitating M&E capacity building for diverse targets, including for partner organizations.
- Familiarity with multiple donor M&E systems, reporting processes, and program indicators.
- Good understanding of National Health M&E systems, reporting processes, and program indicators.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Familiarity with adult learning principles/techniques and demonstrated ability to design and facilitate learning opportunities for adults.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including cross-cultural skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency in MS-Office software and appropriate statistical software.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize competing activities.
- Willingness to travel as the need arises
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV by email to email@example.com using the position title as subject of the mail, no later than 10th May 2021. DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.
More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website; www.dai.com
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.