Ubongo is a Tanzanian social enterprise that creates interactive edutainment for learners in Africa, delivered to them via the technologies they already have. We entertain kids to learn and love learning! We produce Ubongo Kids, an interactive edu-cartooon that teaches math through fun animated stories and catchy original songs, and broadcasts on TV across …
Read more about this company
Education & Research Consultant
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Kano
- Job Field Education / Teaching
Department: Education and Research
- We’re looking for a dynamic, creative and flexible Education & Research consultant to ensure that we maintain the educational aspects of our content by conducting effective research with our pan-African audience.
- You’ll work closely with our Head of Education, Education and Research Supervisor, Nigeria Country Representative and Pre-Production team to do curriculum research and development as well as user testing our products with our audience.
- Research and user test Ubongo Learning’s content
- Ensure continuous and creative user testing processes for all content and products.
- Identify and reach out to partners for research
- Arrange user tests and focus groups with kids (including kids with disabilities, kids from rural communities), parents, teachers or other stakeholders
- Contribute to development of materials for testing.
- User testing our content at all stages of pre production, production and post-production
- Curriculum research and development
- Mapping our content to different African countries curricula on different platforms
- Research and keep record of the different African countries’ curricula for our target audience’s age group
- Assisting on curriculum design for our shows
To be a match, you’ll need:
- A degree or qualification in Education, Early Childhood, Research or similar field.
- Experience teaching pre-school and primary school children, or conducting research with children
- Ability to learn new software and research techniques as needed
- Have experience performing surveys, focus groups or user testing
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong communication and outreach skills
- Have a significant knowledge of different educational curriculum format
- Self-motivated and possess a high level of responsibility to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Make significant progress without direct supervision – you will be our first education team hire in the country!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in adjusting to new work related requirements as they arise.
- Ability to work remotely (experience with Asana, Slack and Google Drive is a bonus)
- Have a can-do attitude and readiness to learn on the job
- Fluent in English and Hausa. Knowledge of Yoruba or other Nigerian local languages is a major plus
- Be willing to wear many hats!
Method of Application
Note: Only applicants who apply using this online form will be considered. Those who come directly to the office with a CV or who email their CV to us will simply be referred back to this online form. So please save yourself time and effort by simply sticking to this form. THANKS!
Interested and qualified? Go to Ubongo – Nigeria on ubongo.bamboohr.com to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.