The World Food Programme is the food assistance branch of the United Nations and the world’s largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security.
WFP is part of the United Nations system and is voluntarily funded.
Born in 1961, WFP pursues a vision of the world in which every man, woman and child has access at all times to t…
Read more about this company
Assistant Storekeeper / MSU Technician – SC3
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Requisition ID: 142053
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Short Term-SC
These jobs are found in WFP Log Sector / warehouses and operating under close supervision of the Roving Logistics Officer and Log Sector Coordinator.
- Based on the needs identified and expressed by the humanitarian community, the Logistics Sector in Nigeria aims to facilitate access to logistics services for humanitarian actors, ensuring timely and uninterrupted supply of life-saving relief items to affected populations
- As part of this mission, the Logistics Sector facilitates access to common storage for the humanitarian community, including for prepositioning. The Logistics Sector also assumes a coordination and information management role to maximize the use of available resources in-country, provide support and advocacy for humanitarian partners, and establish a more coordinated and cost-effective operational approach.
- Facilitate the installation and dismantling of equipment furnished by the Logistics Sector to help fulfill its mandate, including Mobile Storage Units (MSUs) and Prefab Offices, and carry out regular field visits to support partners and hubs in the maintenance of Logistics Sector furnished equipment
- Conduct regular inspections of the WFP furnished equipment at all locations where they are stored in Nigeria, and record and report any issues or anomalies
- Provide record-keeping support to all hubs were Logistics Sector facilitated cargo is stored
- Receive, Dispatch and store the equipment items as instructed
- Update and maintain equipment tracking sheet
- Provide support to prepare an equipment inventory report on quarterly basis
- Follow up with the managing partners on the status of inventory and ensure proper maintenance of the inventory
- Support field site management, including review of partner activities, conducting piece counts, and reviewing NFI activities at common storage hubs
- Keep the equipment storage location clean and well maintained
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Education: Diploma or Bachelor’s degree. Certificate in the related functional area is an advantage
- Work Experience: A minimum of three (3) years experience
- Knowledge & Skills: Required knowledge in setting up and dismantling of Mobile Storage Units (MSUs) & Prefab structures
- Language: Spoken and written English required and at least one local language (Hausa or Kanuri)
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
- Knowledge in setting up and dismantling of Mobile Storage Units (MSUs) & Prefab structures
- Experience monitoring various aspects of logistics operations
- Experience in supporting warehouse management
- Experience in supporting inventory management
- Experience in data entry and extracting routine reports.
Method of Application
- Only Nigerian Nationals and holders of Nigerian nationality or have valid Nigerian residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
Interested and qualified? Go to World Food Programme (WFP) on career5.successfactors.eu to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.