MacTay Consulting has been in existence for over 28 years in Nigeria. We are a member of TACK and TMI, international consulting companies operating in over 60 countries and with a combined experience of over 80years.
Our global network of partners and experience means that our clients enjoy all the benefits of a local office, while drawing upon our multi…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Imo , Kaduna , Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- Switching infrastructure operations and maintenance (Mobile and Fixed)
- Fault Management on Core network elements.
- Conduct Acceptance Tests on core network nodes and other network elements when required.
- Ensure redundancy and node availability.
- Provide on-site support to internal & external customers.
- Develop & review processes and procedures used in Switch Operations.
- Perform route monitoring and maintenance.
- Conduct test calls to confirm QoS and CDR generation.
- Supervise and Manage vendors for Core network node integration & third-party-related projects within the Switch.
- Perform routine maintenance on core network nodes with proper reporting.
- Manage Hardware installations, upgrades, expansion & decommissioning on network elements.
- Ensure availability and transfer of CDR and performance STATS files between core nodes & corresponding file processing servers.
- Review MOP and ensure proper change request implementation when required.
- Manage and update Switch Floor plan Management System to reflect occupied and free spaces in the switch prefab/rooms.
- Conduct routine Switch inspections to ensure proper housekeeping.
- Define external power Alarm(s) & support simulation tests with the ESS team.
- Prepare Dashboard report for Switch activities.
- Spare part management
- Regulate entry to the switch prefab/room in line with the Switch Centre Access
Education / Qualifications
- B.Sc. Electrical / Electronics or Telecommunication or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Telecoms Switching Environment
- Ericsson, Huawei, or ZTE switching experience is desirable.
- Mobile and Fixed Network Switching
- Computer & Information Technology Appreciation
- Network Operations
- Service Monitoring and Control
- Core Purpose of the Job Operation and Maintenance of Network Switching Centre.
- Perform support routines – System and Billing Backups, inspections, reports & record updates, incidents management.
- Fault Handling, Proactive Maintenance, supervision, and on-site intervention
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.