We’re a next-generation energy company
Our flagship product, ReadyPay Power, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system providing lighting, phone charging, TV, and radio, financed through affordable installments over mobile money. We combine rich customer payment histories with additional data sources to create a cutting-edge credit score that…
Read more about this company
Nigeria Sales Team Lead
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 3 years
- Location Other
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Location: Various Locations in Nigeria
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reporting to: Head of Sales & Marketing
- The Sales Team Lead will be stationed in the preferred location and be responsible for leading and managing a team of sales agents, installation technicians, dual contractors and their customers – responsible for the full customer cycle i.e., sell, fulfil, maintain and recover.
- The successful candidate must be a detail-oriented professional with strong critical thinking skills and a demonstrated track record of effective sales work.
- Develop and implement the sales operational strategies within allocated area, as well as align with the area sales target.
- Organizing sales activities and functions in the field to achieve targets, revenue and desired quality sales.
- Managing installation technicians and maintenance technicians
- Training and coaching of sales agents on topics including pitching, sales conversation, closing and building strong and long-lasting relationships with customers.
Deliverables and Activities:
- On time high-quality system installations at the customers premises or any other location as directed by ENGIE Energy Access.
- Coordinate installation technicians and maintenance technicians to ensure systems are installed and maintained,
- Support recruitment of new installation and maintenance technicians in the sales area.
- Prepare the monthly installation monitoring report for the State Sales Manager.
- Review control monthly commission payments and payroll follow up on faulty installations and inform finance department about deductions.
- Repossessions are aligned and coordinated with the customer finance department.
- Identify the needs for and recruit new contractors with support from service network team leader.
- Responsible for disciplinary for installations and maintenance technicians.
- Stock takings
- Stock audit report
- Providing regular portfolio & compliance reports to State Sales Manager and credit control team
- Managing the daily work and activities of area administrator according prioritization policy on workout activities.
- Deal with complex scenarios (customer not found, fire, violence etc.)
- Assessing internal and external cause for portfolio deteriorations
- Participating in the recruitment of new staff and training of existing staff
- Monitor and review KPIs + provide feedback area administrator
- Conduct periodic performance review of area administrator.
- Mentoring each Sales Agents, installation technician, maintenance technician, dual contractor and area admin to enhance operational performance, motivation and engagement.
- Educating Sales agents, dual contractors, area administrator, installation technicians, maintenance technicians and in applicable policies, guidelines provided by State Sales Manager and credit departmental standards.
- Support conducting quarterly inventory audits for all service centers.
Required Skills and Experience
- BSc. Degree or Equivalent
- 1 – 3 years working in a role within a progressive sales and/or financial services
- Previous experience in a managerial position is an added advantage
- Ability and passion for coaching and training.
- Strong ability in planning and organization.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with customer focus
- Computer literate, team player and dynamic self-starter.
- Willing to travel/assign in any geographic area in Nigeria
- Resident in the preferred location or willing to relocate there
- Fluent in English.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Ability to work in teams or independently
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem-solving skills (solutions oriented)
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Willingness and desire to learn new ideas
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.