Founded in 1915, Helen Keller International is dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition.
We currently have more than 180 programs in 21 African and Asian countr…
Read more about this company
M & E Intern
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Akwa Ibom
- Job Field Graduate Jobs  , Internships / Volunteering  , NGO/Non-Profit
Project: Sustaining Integrated MDA for NTDs Control and Elimination in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
Technical Supervisor(s): State Team Lead
Contract Period: Up-Until December 31, 2021
Objective: To support the Project’s M&E system in the State office
Summary of Key Expectations
- The key expectations of the M&E Intern’s position are to support the M&E Associate in ensuring that Helen Keller Nigeria’s M&E system within the state is well positioned to provide continuous technical guidance, capacity building, M&E systems strengthening to Helen Keller supported activities.
The M & E Intern will be responsible in:
- Support the project in monitoring and supervision of project activities in all endemic LGAs using WHO guidelines.
- Provide supportive data validation and collection in all endemic LGAs
- Support the M&E Associate in data entry, cleaning and reporting.
- The M&E intern will support the unit in ensuring high data quality to meet donor expectation and global best practices in alignment with state/national NTDs elimination and control goal.
- Support proper documentation and safeguarding of NTDs data as required by the project.
- Support the NTDs Project in exploring the opportunities to improve data collection process using national tools
- Any other Duties assigned by the supervisors
- Minimum of 1 year hand-on monitoring & evaluation position experience
- Extensive experience in cascaded trainings, monitoring and reporting of mass campaigns in Nigeria
- Good analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Excellent organizational skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive resume with a cover letter as One MS Word document to: email@example.com using the position title as the subject of the email.
Note: There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.