Nigerian not-for-profit, and a knowledge-driven platform of active citizens working for the promotion of human rights, rule of law, democracy and accountability.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 2 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
About the Internship
- To provide support for its programmes aimed at countering fake news and misinformation, CDD is recruiting talented and passionate young individuals to intern as fact-checkers. Candidates for the
- internship will be self-starters who possess excellent written and communication skills. Candidates for this internship role must be multi-taskers with a readiness to meet deadlines, given the time-bound feature of many fact checks. Ideal candidates must possess the tenacity to consistently track fake news and misinformation and provide the appropriate narratives to counter such content on and offline. To be successful on this assignment, candidates for the internship will possess the capacity to:
- Spot fake news, disinformation and misinformation, and respond quickly to same by drafting accurate fact checks.
- Rapidly contact reliable and authoritative sources to confirm the accuracy of information, claims and counterclaims.
- Consistently beam the searchlight on regular and non-regular sources of misinformation.
- Competently deploy data-driven approaches, visualization techniques and relevant processes to aid fact-checking operations.
- Draft weekly roundup of fact checks.
- Work closely with fact-checking editors to ensure appropriate and rigorous systems are developed to ensure accurate fact checks
- Draft, review and validate fact checks in line with set programme targets
- Consistently track known sources of misinformation, including but not limited to political actors, ethnic agenda champions, and social influencers
- Participate in the drafting and development of expanded programme reports on impact and mileage of fact checks
- Support donor reporting and project proposal development, including proper implementation for the realization of project deliverables.
Applicants for this internship must possess a Bachelors Degree, preferably in the arts and social science disciplines, and must have completed their National Youth Service (NYSC). Applicants for the
internship must not be more than 35 years
Method of Application
. Interested applicants should send CVs and Cover Letters to email@example.com on or before Friday, May 7, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates
will be contacted.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.