UBA’s has more than 65 years of providing uninterrupted banking operations dating back to 1948 when the British and French Bank Limited (“BFB”) commenced business in Nigeria. BFB was a subsidiary of Banque Nationale de CrÃ©dit (BNCI), Paris, which transformed its London branch into a separate subsidiary called the British and French B…
Read more about this company
Team Member, Insurance
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Insurance
- Bank-wide insurance coverage of all bank assets insurable risks at optimal cost.
- Prompt processing of insured risks claims.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Reviewing and updating Corporate Insurance Policies to reflect best practices & reduce cost.
- Placing on cover (through the broker) of all assets and insurable risks.
- Ensure all vehicles under the bank’s sinking fund scheme are promptly placed on 3rd party cover with the underwriters
Insurance Claim Processing:
- Ensure all insured loss incidents are reported promptly to the underwriters through our brokers.
- Ensure all documents required for successful insurance claims are obtained from relevant business offices and head office departments, reviewed and forwarded promptly to the lead underwriter through the insurance broker.
- Maintenance of insurance claims log – losses reported, claims pending full documentation, claims pending offer and discharged claims awaiting settlement by underwriters.
- Liaise with brokers/ business offices/ head office departments to ensure loss adjusters receive the required cooperation and documents promptly.
- Ensure outstanding offers and cheques are received promptly by ensuring broker follows up vigorously with the underwriters.
- Monthly Reconciliation / Proofing of insurance GLs including reconciliation of sinking fund records with statements from the fund manager.
- Processing of claims made under the Insurance sinking fund scheme (TAT is 5 days) Maintenance of quality filling system and record keeping.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- First degree in any related field.
- Possession of relevant masters degree / Professional certification will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.