We were formed in 1999 when our parent company JT Group acquired the non US operations of R.J. Reynolds. In 2007 we acquired UK based Gallaher, doubling our size and adding 11,000 new employees.
Today we’re even bigger, with a diverse employee base driving our success all over the world. Our mission is to nurture our internationally recognized brand…
Read more about this company
West Africa Strategic Insights Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
Job ID: 49030
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Professional area: Marketing
Contract type: Permanent
Professional level: Experienced
We are looking for a Strategic Insights Manager to:
- Provide strategic decision and direction To JTI management based on analytical reports and research results.
- Provide support to the Marketing & Sales (M&S) team in survey set-up, dissemination of distilled research results to a wider audience to stimulate business discussion and generation of strategic decisions.
- Manage data/knowledge database & act as a leading contact for M&S information relating to sales and consumer insights
- Managing the analysis of JTI standard tools as Nielsen, JTI Tracker, etc in order to support the M&S team in identifying and advising on commercial opportunities.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Provide Strategic direction to the Marketing & Sales teams via expertise in consumer, market and brand understanding generated through analytical skills and expert research methodologies.
- Recommend, steer & ensure the appropriate implementation of analysis, research and insight generation methodologies.
- Manage business data / knowledge database & act as a leading contact for M&S information and knowledge sharing and consolidation.
- Conduct and support all trade and market research while adhering to the JTI standards for research and ensure adherence to timeline for delivery
- Identify and develop innovative ways for analysis and reporting of M&S data to assist with ease of proactive decision making
- Manage various tasks and projects as they arise and upon manager’s request. Provide support to other team colleagues during heavy workload periods.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- University degree in Economics, Business Management or similar
- MBA is considered a plus
- Minimum of 3 years experience with data analysis focused on supporting a commercial operation in Nigeria, preferably within the FMCG industry, familiarity with marketing research methodologies and high level report building (PowerBI a plus).
- Highly analytical profile, basic statistics knowledge, commercial knowledge (previous experience with Sales and other Commercial functions is a GREAT PLUS).
- Excellent knowledge of the English language. Knowledge of other languagues is a plus.
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.