Global Rights is an international human rights capacity-building non-governmental organization (NGO). Global Rights was founded in Washington DC, USA in 1978 with the name International Human Rights Law Group and changed its name to Global Rights: Partners for Justice in 2003 at its 25th anniversary. Global Rights works with local activists in Africa, Asia, …
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Based: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Finance and Admin. Manager
Applications closes: April 30, 2021
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance and Admin. Officer supports the Finance and Admin. team and performs a variety of administrative and basic finance tasks. The incumbent will be involved in duties such as updating records, preparing documents, reconciling petty cash, basic financial analysis, and supporting the implementation of operational policies.
- Ability to use accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks)
- Ability to create and monitor institutional and programme budgets
- Deep knowledge of the principles of adequate documentation and ability to ensure audit compliance.
- Assist in the implementation of procedures and policies for handling organization’s finances, maintaining records for accounts payable and receivable.
- Following up with clients, partners and vendors to submit appropriate supporting documents for transactions and review for accuracy, completeness and compliance with Global Rights policies and donor regulations.
- Manage and maintain the Petty Cash to ensure adequate and timely reporting.
- Assist finance team to review subgrants reports received from partners.
- Assist in the preparation of institutional and program budgets; facilitating advances and retirements for project and operational activities.
- Support operations necessary for organizational effectiveness,
- Ensure proper and consistent record keeping, and tracking in compliance with Global Rights’ standard operating procedures and policies,
- Assist in the onboarding of new staff and related orientation processes,
- Assist finance team in the documentation and maintenance of accounting records including paid vouchers and supporting documents,
- Assist Admin. Manager in implementing procurement policies and procedures,
- Provide logistical support for meetings, project activities, and organizational operations,
- Forecast and prepare timely financial requests for office supplies required on quarterly and monthly basis,
- All other duties and incidentals as may be directed by Supervisor.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge and skill necessary for the job
- Keeps informed about current developments in the area of expertise and job role
- Ability to anticipate situations, understand the sources of risk, evaluate them and provide methods for control and mitigation
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information
- Demonstrates high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication and report writing skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Commerce, Accounting,Finance, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a busy international, multicultural Non-Government Organization and handling donor funds.
Global Rights is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants, including persons living with disability. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Global Rights seeks exceptional applicants and offers a Starting Annual Gross Salary of N2,400,000 and other benefits for this position.
Method of Application
Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, including contact details for two recent professional referees as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before April 30, 2021.
Please use the subject title: Finance and Admin Officer.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.