The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world.
DRC fulfils its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the wor…
Read more about this company
Finance & Admin Assistant
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 2 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Finance / Accounting / Audit
Contract Type: National Contract
- Supports the preparation of financial statements and maintenance of cash controls. Works within the financial procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and in compliance with all national acts and legislation.
- The Finance Assistant supports the Finance Team Leader with reports for senior management in country.
Key Responsibilities (in bullet points)
Finance and Accounting:
- Daily accounting (bookkeeping) according to DRC financial handbook
- Manage petty cash and clear cash advances upon request
- Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, tender documents, etc.)
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern (Invoicing, Venpay, updating of Journals,etc…)
- Prepare Monthly and weekly cash counts for office on last working day of the week and submit to Finance Team Leader and copy the Finance Coordinator.
- Ensures that all documents are correct before paying and are carefully reviewed based on DRC Financial procedure
- Ensures that the cash advance taken to the field are properly liquidated in due cause.
- Compile all taxes (PAYE, WHT) and proceed for the remittance to relevant tax authorities at monthly basis.
- Scan all financial records of Abuja office and ensure that they are attached to related voucher in Dynamics.
- Transfer all financial documents to the archive room to Yola office at monthly basis.
- Provide weekly action plan including financial tasks to be achieved in coming weeks to the finance team leader and finance Coordinator.
- Attends all finance meeting hold in Abuja when required.
- Coordinate with the finance team leader and finance coordinator the verification of vouchers above his/her threshold.
- Any other duty that may be Assigned by the supervisor.
- Provide support to Abuja team Procurement team in budget adequate utilization.
- Assist Audit focal point in compiling audit requirements.
- Assist with collecting, reviewing, correcting and filing all financial progress reports from the partners
- Support financial report preparations
- Submit progress and status reports
Manage HR/Administrative Tasks:
- Provide support to HR in processing travel documents.
- Ensure all necessary office resources (Stationaries, office supplies, drinking water are stocked and managed.
- Ensure all office and guesthouse utilities and infrastructures are appropriate, safe, and functioning. (electricity, gas, up keeping of premises.).
- Perform administrative task according to DRC guidelines.
- Book hotels and flights for DRC staff national and international travel and meetings when required.
- Receive and send official correspondence and maintain record for it.
- Attend and receive phone calls and fax messages to DRC office.
- Provide support to various departments in data entry tasks.
- Follow up and support with residency and work permits.
- Follow up of requests for staff NHF accounts.
- Receive, record & distribute mails, correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms.
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by the Management.
The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- Technical College (Govt. approved) or Degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration or any other similar function.
- At least 1-2 years’ work experience in field of Administration/Finance/accounting/Bookkeeping in an INGO or the commercial sector.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office especially Excel (experience in working with Excel formulas).
- Experience in working with Dynamics is recommended.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration.
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment:
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Method of Application
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Protection Coordinator”.
- The position title must be written in the subject line of the email otherwise not considered.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the post may be filled before the deadline.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
Interested and qualified? Go to Danish Refugee Council (DRC) on candidate.hr-manager.net to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.