Cedarcrest Hospitals / Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd is a modern specialist medical care centre located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria’s blossoming capital. It was established in January 2008 with the aim of providing a high standard of local healthcare that is comparable with what obtains in other more developed parts of the world.
The centre st…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
The Duty Manager supervises and coordinates the health services of the hospital. They supervise all areas of the hospital, health information technicians, nursing, medical records, service staff, facility staff and more. The main objective is to maintain and improve the efficiency of care, represent the facility at all times and supervise administrative functions and outputs.
Key Performance Areas:
- Supervises and evaluate work activities of all incumbents in a hospital.
- Maintain communication between Hospital Manager, medical staff, and department heads by providing the requisite support.
- Analyze hospital activities and data to aid risk management, in order to improve service provision.
- Implement programs and services in the hospital, including personnel administration, and coordination of all employees.
- Provide support to maintain patient care and risk aversion procedures, as well as service standards to enhance patient care.
- Prepare operational progress or status reports.
- Inspect facilities and recommend modifications to ensure emergency readiness and compliance to access, safety, and sanitation regulations.
- Inspect condition or functioning of facilities or equipment.
- Consult with the Hospital Manager, clinical Heads of Departments and Medical Directors to discuss service problems, respond to efficiency needs, enhance public relations, coordinate activities and plans and promote health programs.
- Work with physicians to oversee patient care.
- Oversee all administrative function to ensure accuracy and compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Note performance and acknowledge exceptional performance or conduct by reporting same to the Hospital Manager.
- This role reports to the Hospital Manager.
Education, Cerrtification and Experience Requirements
- Master of Health Administration or a Master of Business Administration degree is preferred.
- A degree in Finance or Management is acceptable with sufficient experience in a hospital working environment.
- The ability to work on Microsoft Office software is a must.
- Understands hospital economics, labour relations, and human resources.
- Profile Requirements
- Proven management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to work well with a variety of professionals, from doctors and nurses to the Hospital Manager and other executives.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and technical skills to find creative solutions for staffing and administrative problems.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will evolve as the Company’s organizational needs change.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.