Partnering with clients to deliver operational improvement through a flexible and adaptable deployment model is the Myrtle Consulting Group mission. Myrtle is built on more than 25 years of hands-on experience delivering performance improvements to the world’s leading food and beverage, consumer products and life sciences organizations. Our promise to …
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Location: Port Harcourt GRA, Rivers
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to line manager regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish charts of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current technology or designated ERP.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements (make VAT and PAYE returns to relevant tax authorities).
- Maintain or examine the records of government agencies.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions for use in making investment decisions.
- Interpret data affecting investment programs, such as price, yield, stability, future trends in investment risks, and economic influences.
- Monitor fundamental economic, industrial, and corporate developments through the analysis of information obtained from financial publications and services, investment banking firms, government agencies, trade publications, company sources, and personal interviews.
- Prepare plans of action for investment based on financial analyses.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by line manager.
- Perform intercompany (related companies) reconciliations using appropriate templates.
- Perform data entries in ERP for all cash transactions from the manual cashbook prepared by the Treasury Officer.
- Perform data entries in ERP for other transactions as delegated by the Finance Manager.
- 3 years and above related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Evidence of professional certification(s) or in the process of acquiring one.
- Excellent Observation Abilities.
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision.
- Logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving.
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Displays awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations.
- Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge.
- Ability to Conduct and Evaluate Research.
- Demonstrate Working Knowledge and Expertise.
- Good Decision Making.
- Excellent communications both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good Analytical skills.
- Has a strong knowledge in the use of Finance ERP (Sage and customized ERP).
- Excellent commands over excel and word.
Method of Application
- Interviews are on a rolling basis till the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Myrtle Management Consultants on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.