LBS is a community of people committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity and relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world-class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
In order to achieve …
Read more about this company
School Nurse (Wellness Officer)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Location: Sangotedo Ajah, Lagos.
- The primary responsibility of this role is to provide world class health care attention to staff and participants in the school and also develop and implement practices aimed at making the crèche functional and in conformity with global standards.
Essential duties / key job roles and responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Prompt response to emergencies in the school and referral to the hospital if necessary
- Follow up on health related issues for both staff and participant within and outside the school sick bay
- Hospital visits for staff and participants when necessary
- Stocking of first aid boxes and sick bay with drugs required in emergencies
- Prompt provision of drugs/medication to the school
- Act as liaison between the school and HMOs; follow up on staff health care issues and advise as appropriate
- Ensure necessary tests required for new employees and Operations staff are conducted as at when due
- Organization of the annual wellness programme
- Proper auditing of drugs in the school
- Proper care and maintenance of sick bay equipment
- Supervision of the Crèche and Nanny
- Conduct First-aid workshop for staff as often as required
- Initiate health and safety programmes or precautions school wide
- Provide monthly report of Crèche and Sick Bay activities
- Any other relevant responsibility to be assigned by the line manager from time to time
Qualifications / Requirements
- B.Sc / Diploma in Nursing.
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Interest in children and sense of empathy
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Sensitivity to diversity and cultural differences
- Knowledge and experience in paediatrics.
- Knowledge of Microsoft word and excel
- Knowledge of first aid administration
- Knowledge of drug administration
- Ability to ensure confidentiality of information
- Records management skills
- RN (Registered Nurse)
- The candidate should have at least 3 – 5 years of experience as a qualified practising nurse
- Proven experience negotiating HMO contracts will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Note: Certificate in First Aid and Basic Life Support will be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified? Go to Lagos Business School on docs.google.com to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.