Andela is a global talent accelerator that produces world-class remote developers and connects them with top employers. Andela finds the brightest young people in Africa and gives them the training and mentorship needed to thrive as full-time, remote developers for companies around the world. The company is backed by investors including Steve Case, Omidyar N…
Read more about this company
People Operations Intern
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Human Resources / HR  , Internships / Volunteering
About the role
- The People Intern will directly assist the People team in a wide range of tasks and responsibilities related to People Operations.
- This internship is designed to be both learning-oriented and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills learned in his / her tertiary institution and apply them in a professional environment.
- The intern will gain a better understanding of the role of HR and how it can be applied in a technology-driven environment.
- The intern will also have the opportunity to work with teams across our Andela locations around the world.
- Support employee Onboarding by sending out welcome emails, collating employee data to carry out background checks and Pre-employment medical Checks.
- Support performance management by sending out confirmation letters to employees.
- Attending to Nigeria and Ghana helpdesk requests and resolving them within the timelines as per the SLA
- Drafting and submitting ALL employee letters for review and signature – Bank letters, Contracts, Introduction Letters, Promotion letters, Change of roles letters, Visa letters, confirmation letters, etc.
- Support People team by attending to Nigeria and Ghana employee Help Desk requests by acting as the first point of call, escalating and resolving requests within the timelines as per the SLA.
- Manage benefit administration by ensuring that all new employees are registered on the HMO within 1 week of resumption and Follow-up with selected HMO(s) on employee enrollment and support with registering employees on the Group Life Assurance plan.
- Support the team with planning and coordination of culture initiatives & remote engagements.
- Support Employee Offboarding by tracking resignations, sending out offboarding acceptance emails, setting up exit meetings, and ensuring all letters are signed.
- Any other task assigned by the Manager and the Director of People Operations.
Qualifications & Characteristics:
- Has a degree from an accredited College or University. A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Has strong interpersonal skills.
- Has exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Has excellent critical thinking, analytical mindset and problem solving skills.
- Pays great attention to details.
- Is personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of HR documents and other personal information.
- Has strong analytical skills.
- Has a genuine interest in Human Resources Management and Project Management.
- Shows commitment to the aims and values of Andela.
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.