IT Horizons Ltd is a company with diverse talents and skills on existing, recent and upcoming technologies worldwide. We are a team of young, vibrant, ambitious but experienced professionals who deal with everything relating to technologies especially information communication technologies (ICT). In addition, we have the ability to update with latest trends …
Read more about this company
Network & Security Engineer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
Key Responsibilities for this Role
- Configuration and installation various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS
- Provide support for Network and Security solutions
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Perform troubleshooting and support activities as part of projects and service delivery
- Configure network security devices per design agreed
- Participate in network and security assessments and analyze the company’s network structure
- Oversee and implement the policies to govern the company network environment and the systems that are connected to it.
- Find security gaps by performing routine audits of hardware and software entities on the network and closing those gaps.
- Apply operating system updated, patches and make configuration changes to tighten security.
- Protect the network from malicious entities such as hackers, viruses, and spyware.
Requirements for the Role
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Information Technology, or other related courses or numerate disciplines
- Minimum of CCNA in security
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional – Security) or Sophos Certified Architect additional advantage.
- Understanding of Cisco ISE is an advantage
- Good Knowledge of Firewall, routers, and switches
- Knowledge of DLP, anti-virus, and anti-malware
- Knowledge of Malware Analysis, Forensics, Evidence Analysis, Threat Hunting
- Minimum of 3 years proven hands-on experience with Security Solutions
- In-depth understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application to: email@example.com using the job role as the email subject.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.