Jumia is your number one Online Shopping solution in Nigeria. There is an online electronic store where you can purchase all your electronics, as well as books, home appliances, fashion items, shoes, mobile phones and more online and have them delivered directly to you. Jumia has payment options that suit everyone, and we have a payment-on-delivery option fo…
Read more about this company
Human Resources Associate – Jumia
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
Department: HR – HR Operations
- As Human Resources Associate, you will play a vital role in the HR department to support the execution of our HR agenda across different HR function on tasks and assignments that will be assigned to you from time to time.
- We seek agile, vibrant, and passionate individual who are self-driven, have a positive attitude, and demonstrate the ability to work independently and in a team in order to complete tasks.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for someone open to learning and building a HR career in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and multicultural environment.
- Support to drive engagement of employees by contributing in one way or the other to the execution of effective strategies that strengthen employee relations.
- Planning and coordinating day-to-day operations of the HR department by supporting in such activities like planning meetings, making notes etc.
- Support the recruitment function and sometimes owning and driving end-to-end recruitment process by placing adverts, screening applications, scheduling and conducting interviews and overall engagement with hiring managers and candidates.
- Engage in the training and onboarding of newly recruited staff so as to ensure that they are properly guided and are in the know of company rules and regulations.
- Take part in the off-boarding process of exiting staff to ensure that they comply with the procedures of company’s exit policy and ensure good leavers join the company’s alumni network.
- Disperse circulars and notifications for meetings.
- Schedule and Lead inter-departmental meetings within the company.
- Carry out conflict resolution amongst employees.
- Writing of reports and the preparation of presentations for managers is also part of the description of most human resources associates.
Requirements and Qualification
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or in any other Business-related field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in a human resources function is a plus
- Any other form of human resources certification is also a plus
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be structured in thinking and approach to problem solving.
- Average analytical skills and must demonstrate proficiency in the use of analytical tools like MS excel.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and in some cases to also lead a team.
- Leadership and organizational abilities are required to be good on the job.
- Must be able to display a high level of adaptability in any given situation.
- Must be meticulous in handling assignments and be able to pay attention to details.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- Competitive compensation
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.