British American Tobacco plc (informally BAT) is a British multinational tobacco company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the world’s five largest tobacco companies.
BAT has a market-leading position in over 50 countries and operations in around 180 countries. Its four largest-selling brands are Dunhill, Lucky Strike, Kent and …
Read more about this company
Operations Skills Development Coordinator
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Oyo
- City Ibadan
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Job Number: 34299
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Seniority Level: Non-Management
Reports to: IWS Manager
Reporting Level: Management
Geographic Scope: Nigeria
- BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation. To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
- BAT Nigeria is looking for an Operations Skills Development Coordinator
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The role is responsible for designing, developing, and delivering operation learning systems and interventions to eliminate skill-related losses in line with IWS methodologies and the Education and Training pillar framework.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Lead factory training team comprising of operations skill officer, and technical specialists to deliver all education and training CBA’s (Current Best Approach) and eliminate organizational skill-related losses.
- Activate, drive and coordinate Education & Training pillar work process and CBA’s to eliminate skill-related losses across the factory
- Own, drive, and improve the Skills Needs Assessment (SNA) work process for the factory
- Ensure Global Skill Matrix is up to date and relevant to deliver the current business need. Collaborate with regional E&T (Education and Training) pillar team when changes are required
- Develop and drive the target organizational learning culture based on IWS principles (Learn-Do-Teach)
- Own and manage the Factory integrated training calendar. Ensure development outcomes from talent reviews, for each BAT FTE, and outcomes from SNA’s are integrated into the design of this training calendar
- Participate in and implement projects launched for establishment and development of skills
- Planning and coordinating manufacturing activities such as team cascades and team building events.
- To implement the manufacturing communication & visuals strategy.
- Local & regional reporting of Education & Training (ET) pillar performance metrics
- Design and implement training curriculum for all roles in the factory, as well as a trainer qualification system
- Design, implement and monitor the quality of training execution across the plant
- Build and manage training repository in line with IWS Phase 1 requirements
- Own and manage learning facilities, systems, and tools. Drive active utilization and continuous improvement of learning facilities
- Network with institutions outside the company to keep up with and implement the latest developments in the field of Learning
- Work with Human Resources Talent team to implement projects launched for establishment and development of skills
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree with National Youth Service Corps completed
- Minimum of 3 years manufacturing or HR experience, ideally in FMCG sector
- Strong ambiguity management
- Excellent strategy & planning skills
- Diagnostic and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Influencing skills
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Power BI analytics proficiency would also be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.