Medical Laboratory Technician
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience None
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
To perform clinical laboratory tests by standardized procedure. Analyzing blood tissues and fluids, conducting blood tests. Setting up and testing sterility of medical laboratory product or equipment, and analyzing test results and recording test data.
- Organize work by matching orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintaining a sterile laboratory environment to avoid any cross contamination of specimens on samples
- Maintain quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Provide test results for patient diagnosis and treatment.
- Provide test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating hematology, urinalysis, and coagulation equipment; performing manual methods of differentials.
- Provide physician with information for treatment of patient infection by performing technical procedures for the identification or susceptibility of bacteria, parasites, fungi, and mycobacteria.
- Ensure the patient of receiving compatible blood/blood components by completing blood typing, antibody screening, compatibility testing, and antibody identification procedures.
- Contribute to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Adherence to organizational policies and procedures, professional standards, federal, state, and local requirements standards.
- Take inventory of laboratory supplies and ensure adequate stock levels for essential commodities
- Preparing of daily/weekly report of all laboratory investigations
- Enhance laboratory services and organization’ reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different tasks; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science Degree (BMLS)
- Must be registered with the medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria
- Must possess a practicing License
- The ideal candidate MUST be resident in Lekki or environs.
- Good documentation and effective laboratory quality management system skills
- A minimum 2+ years working experience in similar Role
- Effective Laboratory data Management and research skills
- A team player and accountable for the quality and integrity of laboratory Services
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.