MSH, a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over …
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- 2021 Therapeutic Efficacy Study Senior Statistician
- Site Social Mobilizer for Therapeutic Efficacy Study 2021
- Method of Application
2021 Therapeutic Efficacy Study Senior Statistician
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare  , NGO/Non-Profit
Reference No.: R766
Background / Job Overview
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- A key intervention under the project is the 2021 Therapeutic Efficacy Studies (TES) conducted in four sentinel sites located in Kaduna, Imo, Kwara and Lagos states under the coordination of the TES Core Team (with membership from WHO, PMI and NMEP).
- As part of the post-field activities under the TES work-plan, a statistician with experience conducting therapeutic efficacy studies is required to work closely with the TES Technical Coordinator to lead the analysis of the data of the TES study and support development of the preliminary and final 2021 TES reports.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the process of data editing and cleaning of the data generated during the TES as well as ensure all data management processes are maintained (
- Provide strategic direction to analyze the generated data using appropriate statistical-soft wares to correctly interpret and correlate the outcome of the study as well as applying relevant statistical tests to ensure the validity of the study.
- Lead the development of tables, graphs and charts that appropriately interpret the findings of the study.
- Compile findings from the study and support the generation of a comprehensive report that interprets the research conclusions with support from the TES Technical Coordinator.
Qualifications and Skill
- Advanced degree in mathematics, statistics, epidemiology, medical parasitology or related field with at least 10 years’ experience.
- Previous participation and understanding of the design, implementation and monitoring of therapeutic efficacy studies including the characterization of malaria sentinel sites and tracking of antimalarial drug resistance
- Strong epidemiological, mathematical and analytical skills and publications in peer reviewed journals are essential to complete job requirements successfully.
- Ability to compile and organize statistical information and present findings to management
- Confident in decision making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use robust databases and software.
- Ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
go to method of application »
Site Social Mobilizer for Therapeutic Efficacy Study 2021
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Abuja
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Ref No: R764
- The National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP), along with a TES core team, plans to initiate activities for the 2021 TES in July 2021.
- We are seeking to engage a site Social Mobilizer to create awareness about the study and mobilize patients to site. He/She will be reporting directly to the site Principal Investigator.
- The 2021 DTES will be conducted in Four (4) Sentinel sites across Nigeria. The sites identified for the study are Kaduna, Imo, Kwara and Lagos states.
- Create awareness about the study and the existence of the site amongst surrounding communities prior to kick-off
- Mobilize potential enrollees from clients that visit the health facilities
- A minimum of 1 year of professional experience, preferably with an I/NGO
- Proven experience and skills in community engagement
- Strong attitude for team work and collaboration
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Excellent working knowledge in English and the local language of the site location
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to process detailed and/or new information readily and to put it into practice effectively
- Ability to remain fully functional by adapting to high security risk environment and changing circumstances (environment, procedures and people)
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.