Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc was incorporated in September 1960 as a private limited liability company, and commenced operations in 1962 with an installed capacity of 600 metric tons per day. The Company was converted to a public limited liability company in 1978, and its shares were subsequently listed on The Nigerian Stock Exchange.
In its 54 year history…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 8 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Logistics
Location: Apapa, Lagos
- Lead the customs clearance of all FMN group imports: Bulk products (Wheat, Fertilizer, Sugar) and containerized products as well as all air shipments.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with customs and other regulatory agencies to ensure the On-Time-In-Full (OTIF) delivery of all FMN consignments.
- Interpret fiscal and monetary policies that Impact on FMN’s import and export interests across the group in line with the efficient and lawful execution of all these activities using appropriate tariffs to ensure optimal cost savings.
- Develop logistics processes for efficient delivery and container turn-around time aimed at zero demurrage, both within the port of discharge and at the factory premises.
- Put in place a process that brings about visibility for Cargo tracking, rent waiver, and claims arising from short shipment, theft and damages with the shipping, terminal operators and insurance companies.
- Train and build capability of FMN resources to be leading edge in Customs clearance.
- Act as the in-house expert on clearing, HS code tariffs and relevant governmental agencies and policies
- First degree in any related course.
- Minimum of 8 years cognate experience.
The Person Must:
- Possess good knowledge of the customs and excise management act
- Have Financial knowledge and Microsoft suite competence.
- Have preferably hands-on experience in procurement and logistics of an established manufacturing company.
- Be able to plan, assign, direct and review the work of direct reports and provide instruction in a manner to improve performance and high morale.
- Be team oriented, adaptable and dependable.
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.