Welcome to Dreamfield Farm Resorts: a field of dreams, where visions are driven to reality. We project a commitment to foster community life and healthy living around wholesome food, organic farming and sustainability in Nigeria.
This farm resort was birthed out of adversity in 2016, since then our focus has been on building a model farm that owns its ent…
Read more about this company
Agronomist – Crop Production Specialist
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Osun
- Job Field Agriculture / Agro-Allied
Location: Ikire, Osun
- We are looking for an agronomist to investigate and implement solutions for our farm. In this role, you will examine, research, and solve problems related to crop management, output, and quality of crops like Moringa and Pawpaw, Plantain and Banana inside a greenhouse. You will also develop tailored agronomic approaches and oversee interventions on behalf of the company.
- To be a successful agronomist, you should be focused on developing and promoting better farming practices. A top-notch agronomist should be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and analytical with excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Developing better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improving crop yield for crops like moringa and pawpaw, plantain and banana, etc.
- Managing and sustaining the greenhouse, and harvest grown crops for packaging and delivery to clients.
- Researching and promoting agricultural strategies to counter the effects of changes in soil, climate, weather, and pest damage.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples.
- Testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Assisting with the plant sourcing, testing, and selection.
- Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
- Conducting training on products and techniques through educational presentations.
- Managing teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
- Developing planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, or a related field.
- Additional certifications may be required.
- Proven experience with growing crops like moringa and pawpaw, plantain and banana, etc
- Proven experience with managing and sustaining the greenhouse, and harvest grown crops for packaging and delivery to clients.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel.
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research, decision-making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Sales and presentation skills.
NGN50,000 – 300,000 / Month.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com use the subject: Agronomist- Crop Production Specialist.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.