TechAdvance is a payment application development company with a strategic focus in developing and deploying niche payment companies to serve the needs of large public and private sector organisations in Nigeria.
TechAdvance has subsidiaries across the IGR, Utilities, Finance and Transport Space in Nigeria.
Read more about this company
Senior Java Engineer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos + Virtual
Reporting Line: Chief Technology Officer
- The purpose of this role is to build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code. The incumbent will deliver high quality code that complies with design specifications, meets security and Java / JEE best practices and contribute to all phases of software development lifecycle.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Create the formal design documentation as required
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Translate requirements and use cases into functional applications
- Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/JEE best practices.
- Design, develop and maintain back-end services with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Conduct code reviews, as requested, to comply with coding standards
- Produce and maintain high-quality technical process documentation.
The Ideal Person
The Ideal candidate must have:
- Minimum 5 years’ of professional Java development experience
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Experience working with Hibernate, Oracle, and MySQL, PostgreSQL databases
- Experience with creating, managing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience working with Spring Framework
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with, or understanding of CI/CD, AWS infrastructure services, Docker.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle
- Experience with Automated quality assurance testing, jMeter, unit, and functional testing
- Experience developing, profiling, and troubleshooting Java application code and automated testing tools
- Knowledge and experience in EFK, Kakfa, AWS Cloud environments, docker containers
- Experience in containerization of Springboot microservices
- Financial Services or banking industry experience preferred
Method of Application
Note: Never pay money for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter. Report any such requests to MyJobMag.