MSH, a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over …
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- SMC State Finance Support
- Malaria Diagnosis External Quality Assurance (EQA) Consultant
- Method of Application
SMC State Finance Support
- Job Type Part Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Katsina , Taraba
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Job ID: R758
- MSH is currently a sub recipient to Catholic Relief Services for the implementation of the Global Fund Malaria Grant (2021 to 2023) in Nigeria, which aims to implement and support malaria control activities in 11 states, including implementation of Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention (SMC) in 2 states, Taraba and Katsina States.
- Due to the high volume of stakeholders/participants involved in the campaign, high volume of transactions, payments and documentations will result. Finance and Admin short-term personnel are needed to support the campaign responsibilities.
- The Candidate shall have essential Finance and Admin skills. Candidate will work closely with the Finance Team. Previous experience in a similar position especially with Campaign shall be an added advantage. 5 individuals are needed in Katsina, 2 individuals in Taraba.
- Duration: 15 days per month from April – November, 2021 (If you have been blacklisted by the Global Fund, please, do not apply).
- Ensure efficient collation and review of payment supporting documents
- Guide participants on correcting errors
- Prepare payment schedules
- Resolve failed payments attributable to irregular documentation
- Printing, photocopying, scanning and filing of payment documents.
- Good analytical skill: ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make decisions
- Good typing skills. Good memo composition and editing skills. Good computer skills with sound knowledge of commonly used application software
- Familiar with internet search engines and able to undertake background search on well-defined tasks.
- Able to work independently by managing priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Takes initiative and can start/complete tasks with basic direction
- Excellent Computer knowledge. Proficient in Word, Excel, Email, and Power Point. Learn and become proficient in the firm’s management system (Applied) and other carrier software or websites, as needed
- Ability to Multi task and organize ongoing projects activities, looking for ways to become more efficient in completing tasks
- Consistently looks for ways to help support
- Good interpersonal skills to relate with stakeholder and colleagues
go to method of application »
Malaria Diagnosis External Quality Assurance (EQA) Consultant
- Job Type Part Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 – 6 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Consultancy  , Medical / Healthcare
Job ref.: R255
The US President’s Malaria Initiative for States (PMI-S) project is a five-year USAID flagship malaria project managed by Management Sciences for Health (MSH) with consortium partners Thinkwell, Banyan Global and the Nigeria Interfaith Action Association (NIFAA). The project supports the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, local government areas (LGA) and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for the prevention and management of malaria and its complications.
The objectives of TO 03 are to: (i) Improve the quality of and access to comprehensive malaria case management services, including improved accuracy of malaria testing through a functional diagnostic quality assurance system (ii) Improve data quality, interpretation and use; (iii) Improve drug-based prevention and treatment approaches (mainly intermittent preventive treatment of malaria in pregnancy); and (iv) Strengthen existing health systems and improve State Malaria Elimination Program (SMEP) management.
- One of the objectives of the PMI-S project is to improve the quality of malaria case management services by improving the accuracy of malaria testing through a functional diagnostic quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) system.
- Malaria diagnosis quality assurance are to ensure that health care professionals and patients have full confidence in the laboratory result and the diagnostic results benefit the patient and the community.
- PMI-S, in collaboration with SMEP and Hospitals Management Board (HMB), plan to conduct malaria diagnosis EQA in Akwa Ibom, Cross-River, Ebonyi and Oyo states.
- We are seeking to engage four technical consultants to support implementation of the EQA activities (one per state).
- The key result of this consultancy is establishment of state EQA team with capacity to undertake QA/QC activities with minimal or no external support.
- Task 1: Support the SMEP / SMOH to undertake a baseline assessment of existing state EQA capacity to implement QA/QC activities. The assessment will include a listing and compilation of a database of all previously trained EQA team members in the states, their proficiency levels, and date of previous training; capacity needs for the state EQA center to provide materials and training for human resources in implementation of QA/QC activities.
- Task 2: Orient the state EQA team on the national quality assurance (QA) tools and guidelines for conducting malaria diagnosis quality assurance activity for both microscopy and mRDT.
- Task 3: Provide technical assistance to state QA team on slide validation using National standard operating procedure (SOPs), field quality control of mRDT using positive control wells, on-site visit and support for review meetings to address technical and operational challenges affecting delivery of quality malaria diagnosis services at primary health care facilities and hospitals.
- Task 4: Provide TA to the SMEP/SMOH to constitute a state EQA team with clear TOR, identify trained staff that are proficient in conducting QA activity and recommend them as potential facilitators for QA/QC activities, including training, in the state.
- Task 5: Support states to develop schedule for laboratory supervision and mentoring of laboratory scientists to improve proficiency in malaria microscopy.
- Task 6: Built capacity of state QA teams on preparation of comprehensive report of QA activities.
- Task 7: Conduct debriefing meeting with State Ministry of health, SMEP, Hospital Management Board and other relevant stakeholders in each state to address issues and challenges affecting the EQA activity and advocate for state government support.
- Task 8: Provide TA to the SMOH/SMEP to develop and implement plan for establishing a state malaria EQA center. The plan will include human resources, infrastructure and space, equipment, furniture, reagents and supplies, SOPs, processes and procedures.
- Baseline Capacity report.
- Database of human resources.
- State EQA team, old and new, after reconstitution.
- Plan for establishing EQA center.
- QA/QC reports from site visits.
- EQA center established.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree and a postgraduate degree in relevant profession such as Medical Laboratory Science, Medical Parasitology, Medical Microbiology and Public Health.
- The candidate must possess at least 5-6 years professional experience in malaria control programming related to diagnosis and case management.
- Must be registered with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN); and with WHO certification in Malaria Microscopy as an added advantage.
- Technical expertise in supporting malaria diagnosis quality assurance systems at the federal and state levels in Nigeria, in collaboration with State Malaria Elimination Programs and implementing partners.
- Demonstrated experience working with states on developing and implementing capacity building processes including mentoring.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay money for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter. Report any such requests to MyJobMag.