Cedarcrest Hospitals / Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd is a modern specialist medical care centre located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria’s blossoming capital. It was established in January 2008 with the aim of providing a high standard of local healthcare that is comparable with what obtains in other more developed parts of the world.
The centre st…
Read more about this company
Healthcare Assistant – Theatre
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification OND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Job Code: #NL00005
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Reporting to the Matron, the Theatre Assistant is responsible for maintaining a sterile environment for the patient and surgical team before, during and after surgery.
- The incumbent is expected to prepare the operating room by washing and sterilizing all surgical instruments and equipment using the approved disinfectants by Cedarcrest Hospitals.
- The incumbent is also responsible for preparing patients for surgery as well as transporting patients between the ward and operating theatre.
- Ensure the positive identification of any patient by verbal confirmation asking the patient their full name and date of birth on collecting the patient from the reception area.
- Set up the operating tables and theatres prior to procedures.
- Assist the theatre teams in the operating theatres as required and directed to do so.
- Moving patients from the ward and transporting them to the operating theatre.
- Ensuring that surgical instruments and equipment are properly prepared prior to the operation.
- Counting and documenting surgical instruments used in theatre during an operation.
- Cleaning the operating theatre before, between and after operations, adhering to hygiene and infection control protocols.
- Maintain a sterile environment for the patient and surgical team before, during and after surgery.
- Washing and sterilizing all surgical instruments and equipment before surgery.
- Prepares the patient for surgery by washing, shaving and disinfecting incision sites.
- Provides assistance to the surgeon during surgery.
- Moves the patient to the recovery room after surgery.
- Assists the surgical team to put on scrubs, gloves, masks, and gowns.
- Ensure that all theatre trolleys used for moving patients are kept clean, fully equipped with O2 bottles and canvasses as required.
- Work with the Theatre team during emergency situations providing additional support.
- Clean and tidy theatre areas after surgery.
- Responsible for clinical waste disposal.
- Perform other related duties as required
- WASC Certificate or equivalent
- Certificate in Senior Community Health Extension Works SCHEW is preferred
- Diploma in Orthopaedic Technology preferred
- 2+ years of proven experience as a theatre assistant or in a similar field.
- Patience and empathy.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent housekeeping skills and adherence to hygiene and infection control protocols.
- Good level of physical fitness.
- The ability to keep your knowledge and skills up to date.
- The ability to reassure patients and help answer any questions they may have.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Code as the subject of the email.
Note: Never pay money for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter. Report any such requests to MyJobMag.