Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, a…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
As the jetty manager, you are responsible for directing, coordinating, planning, and overseeing tasks and operations involving transportation. You are to ensure that guests arrive at the right location safely, and also monitor the transportation of items to the beach house.
Duties and responsibilities
- Strategically plan and manage guest transportation via boats
- Plan and prepare a roster for captains
- Hold daily briefs with captains
- Supervise routine checks on boats before every use
- Oversee and ensure boats are cleaned daily
- Work with engineers and mechanics to determine when the boats are due for servicing and repairs
- Keep logs of movements of each boat
- Work with mechanics and ensure a safe level of supplies before using boats (fuel and oil)
- Ensure captains are dressed in company approved uniforms/outfits
- Keep daily records of life jackets and other safety tools
- Supervise the mobile police
- Resolve guest problems or complaints regarding transportation
- Ensure guests comply with company policies and safety requirements
- Monitor and ensure that the dock is cleaned daily
- Escalate all issues and concerns to the Operations Manager
- Prepare daily reports on logistics operations
- Degree in Maritime Engineering or Logistics, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in boat fixing and maintenance.
- Ability to lead and manage staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.
Note: Never pay money for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter. Report any such requests to MyJobMag.