In the famous words of Tian Wei, “any society that fails to harness the energy and creativity of its women is at a huge disadvantage in the modern world”.
Nigeria today is at a disadvantage due to the vast socioeconomic disparities that stretch within and beyond regional frontiers. These enormous diversities in living conditions and opportunities are of utmost concern. Similar to many developing countries around the world, the story of gender inequality is not new.
Nigerian women are amongst the most marginalized and experience barriers in every aspect of our society, with most having little or no access to education, resources and opportunities.
The significant gender gaps in education, economic empowerment and political participation in Nigeria are glaring and are cyclical. Discriminatory laws and practices, violence against women and gender stereotypes hinder greater progress towards gender equality.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time , Remote
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Other
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
- We are looking for an enthusiastic Communications Specialist to manage our external and internal communications. You will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on our company’s behalf.
- Phenomenal communication and copywriting skills make a strong communications specialist. Experience in corporate communications and project management are important qualities too. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike.
- Develop effective corporate communication strategies
- Manage internal communications (memos, newsletters etc.)
- Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or company website
- Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences
- Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.
- Foster relationships with advocates and key persons
- Collaborate with marketing professionals to produce copy for advertisements or articles
- Perform “damage control” in cases of bad publicity
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes with the public or external vendors
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership.
- B.Sc / BA in Public Relations, Communications or relevant field.
- Proven experience as communications specialist
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient command of English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Never pay money for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter. Report any such requests to MyJobMag.