Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization SOLIDARITÃ‰S INTERNATIONAL has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
After providing e…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Borno
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Location: Monguno, Borno
Contract Duration: Projected contract duration is 3 Months – with possible extension.
Set-up and operational monitoring:
- Under the supervision of the Watsan Team Leader, take part in logistical and administrative organization and the planning and preparation of job sites
- Ensure the construction and / or the maintenance of construction work using Solidarités International tools (in particular):
- Take part in the identification of sites where work is to be carried out
- Recruit and train the workforce and daily workers
- Allocate the on-site workforce according to instructions given by the team leader
- Carry out work according to technical guidelines and estimates
- Respect deadlines established with his / her line manager
- Supervise operational teams, contractors and / or communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Organize, plan and supervise community participation
- Anticipate any problems associated with the management of his/her activity and propose solutions to avoid them
- Manage the supply of worksite materials by collaborating with the logistics department
- Report to the project manager and / or team leader on the state of decentralized stock (‘field’ stock) on his / her sites.
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors
- Respect Solidarités administrative procedures before, during and after each work project
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his / her supervision and by the population
- Keep his / her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his / her team leader and/or project manager
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of his / her team leader
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives
- Report to the team leader regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that he / she has been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Report back all information or problems linked to his / her activity, Solidarités programs or safety issues
- Listen to the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarités
- Analyze the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues / Do No Harm to the population
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration
- Take part in restitution meetings and clusters on request
- B.Sc/HND in Engineering – Civil, Water, Sanitation, Hydrogeology;
- Good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation and project follow up;
- Two years of similar work experience (NGO, Private or Public Sector);
- Relevant experience in deep borehole drilling and development will be highly considered;
- Good knowledge of office/CAD software – Auto CAD, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.;
- Fluency in English, Hausa or one of the local dialect is an added advantage;
- Interpersonal skills – Reliable, honest, accountable, resistance to stress, team player, ability to prioritize tasks;
- Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Candidates who are indigenes of Monguno will be given consideration
What We Offer
- Salary + food & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance (covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Method of Application
- Select Water Officer – Monguno, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.
Interested and qualified? Go to Solidarites International on docs.google.com to apply
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love