Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
North East Regional Initiative (NERI) is an International Development Organization
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Kaduna , Plateau
- Job Field Art / Crafts / Languages
Contract Term: Short Time
The STTA Translator is responsible for translating Early Warning and Early Response (EWER) training guide from English to Hausa language, and incorporate gender-based violence in the training guide.
Reporting & Supervision:
The STTA Translator will report to the Program Manager in Plateau State.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Review, translate and develop EWER training guide for English language to Hausa language audience.
- To Insert infographic and pictograph in both English and Hausa languages on EWER training guides where necessary.
- To summarize the EWER training guide contents for training session of minimum of eight (8) days and maximum of ten (10) days for a complete cohorts’ sessions.
- To Simplify the languages in training guide for easy communication for facilitators and understanding for participants.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of degree in social sciences, humanities or equivalent is required.
- Conversant with Plateau/Kaduna state security and conflict atmospheric, and versatile in Hausa and English languages.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in translating English to Hausa languages, preferably within the NGO sector.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct accurate translation, transcription, and interpretation.
- Must have typing and computer skills.
- Must be able to think quickly and work in a professional atmosphere as part of a team.
- Ability to understand the essentials of all speech in a standard dialect and have broad vocabulary to rarely require assistance for paraphrasing or explanation.
Method of Application
Qualified applicants MUST submit the following documents to email@example.com
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love